Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG Realms

I was just wondering, we haven't heard anything about realms in awhile and I think its really cool. Is there any idea lik when it will come out and will it be the next thing affter eco update w/ extincts? Also can we get any pictures PLOX?

I heard you can pet things in realms
Find

i heard its coming out in 2100! So we are almost there guys Big Grin
Find

Realms has been on hold for the past few months due to the cluster of holidays. Once the economy update comes out I'm pretty sure Brassx is gonna start working on it again full time.

Yes. I have stated(somewhere) that I will be working on Realms full time after the big Economy Update. It was put on hold for our early 2018 plans, then the holidays hit, but most of those plans are finished.

One thing though I really hate, is it takes me up to 3 hours to port an enemy to GMOD (before event coding it), so I might be looking into teaching someone to do this. It would drastically speed up the development time for Realms.

I posted some teasers here and there, not sure if you read Unpokes post. But that's really the last time I've done anything too big on realms.

http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6266

If you haven't read this, there's some realm teasers at the bottom.
Find

Don't know if you have ever heard of underdone Brass, but that may help you with ideas for realms.

https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/750/underdone-rpg
Find

i hear you can even....ROLEPLAY in realms HoLY SHIT
Find

what part of porting takes so long if i may ask?
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Everywhere you look I'm--

Standing in the spotlight
Find

(04-18-2018, 03:11 AM)Derp-A-Doodle-Doo Wrote:  what part of porting takes so long if i may ask?

Fixing all of the artifacts from porting animations to SMD's from 3dstudiomax. The assets are converted from an unreal engine compiled pack, everything looks fine in 3dstudiomax. But upon exporting to SMD (source engines model format), lots of things get fucked up with their animations. So I usually port to SMD, import to blender, and have to go frame by frame of every animation to fix random artifacts that occurred. Sometimes it can be as easy as just rotating a foot bone 180 degrees(for every frame), other times, not so much. Involves completely re-animating some aspects of the skeleton.

SMD's animation format keyframes every single animation frame too, so I literally have to go frame by frame and do this. I usually setup macro's to do it more quickly, but it's still a huge pain.

Everything else is just converting their texture maps to Source Engines, writing the proper VMT files, then compiling the model (pointing to right materials), getting it in-game, looking for more artifacts, and usually 3-4 more re-compiles to get it good enough.
Find

I didn’t understand any of that