Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Redesign all the NPC shops.

What sparked me to make this thread was Terran's suggestion on reducing the prices on the weapon shop npc. While I do think this is true, I think the entire system of the NPC's shops should be redesigned, and also making the crate and Crystal shops better

The Weapon Shop

The most used shop is the weapon NPC, and while he does sell the usual Primordial and Swift weapons, the other two options are less used. I say overhaul the entire shop. There would be deals for not only unlikely weapons, but for rare weapons, and legendary weapons all the time. There could also be limited time deals for primordial weapons, swifts, and maybe even unique weapon deals that can only be obtained by the shop.
The prices of the normal items should be very reasonable, The limited time item should be most likely be a lot.

The Crate Shop
The crate shop is not useless, but just...there, he sells crates that we all seen before. A thread that Moz made awhile ago was about adding crates that were limited time, well lets do that.

It would be like the same system as the Weapon Shop, there would be options for crates we all see and we all opened before (Frostburns, Hellfire crates, etc.) with a reasonable price. The limited time crate (Enhanced crates, Community Crates, and maybe even Eeaster eggs) would have a higher price and be buyable for a short amount of time (possibly also add a crate ONLY inside the crate shop NPC?)

Replace Crystal Shop
In my opinion Crystal shop is kinda useless, how about he sells other items than just crystals?

He would sell consumables, like event tickets (and maybe after the easter event, Harmless Eggs?), crystals including the Vitality Crystal at a large price of course. And maybe challenge scrolls.

These are just my thoughts on the 3 shops on what I think would make them better, a change like this could also entice players to do more quests.

better than my thread yes
Find

Good suggestions. Weapon NPC already has a unique godlike he can sell, it's just never popped up before, to my knowledge. The shop system could use a revamp, though. I like most of these points you've made. Quite nice. +1
Find

How about another NPC that holds up to 5 accessories per player for sale in its shop. Players get the coins, due to them not being able to be on the market.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(04-09-2018, 08:50 PM)Kheyre Wrote:  How about another NPC that holds up to 5 accessories per player for sale in its shop. Players get the coins, due to them not being able to be on the market.

As long as you can't put them in the rune trader, than it would be cool to buy accessories from a NPC (or maybe add the accessories to the replaced Crystal shop npc?).
Find

I've been wanting to redo them completely for awhile.

Few ideas I had personally:

Weapon Shop:
Instead of just a '3 item' page, it chooses a lot more, including one godlike. It then resets once per few days again. Instead of picking which one you want, it will work like the Key chest, you buy a 'roll' on the shop table. All items on the shop would have access to a more diverse shop 'suffix/trait' table too (even the godlike, if applicable), to make them more unique than your average tier. The Godlike on this table will obviously be more common than godlikes in crates/keys (since fragments are much harder to come by)

On top of that, perhaps allow you to turn Weapons(or weapon shards) into small amounts of Fragments at a fixed rate per rarity, and buff the amount quests give. That way I can better balance the shop roll price.

With that, I did want to scrap pretty much all of the other shops and do something else with them.

On a side note, I kind of want to make daily challenges for each event that you can do for loot related to that event, but that would be separate from that.

OFF TOPIC AGAIN:

One more thing I've been itching to make is the Hardest Solo PvE challenge to date on the Lobby(Fight Cave/Inferno type deal on OSRS). The reward for it would be an extremely useful untradeable item(T.B.D), which would be disclosed at launch so you can decide if you want to attempt it or not. It would also record times and have its own statue for the record holder.

This would be VERY difficult to beat, and include build ups to bosses/minibosses that you would have to figure out their mechanics and how to beat them. All of it could possibly be spectated by others too. If you die, you lose and have to restart from the very beginning (after a short (~2 minute) cooldown just to give someone else room to try it, as I may only make 1 zone for it).

That being said, if you guys do want what I said above, I'd definitely be down to make it. But I still have a ton of work to do on extinct weapons. I do want to give you guys a small update until then though. (We were thinking of something new to do when dead as a small update until extinct weapons are ready to roll out.)
Find

Yes! I have been wanting another solo boss. Tbh Worm Queen is super easy and I need more of a challenge, and lets also make some eveningstar changes, cough. I also think that a crate shop revamp would be cool. Maybe just like the weapon shop and possibly have vanity crate 2 as the godlike crate in that shop. Dont forget about Paint Crate!
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Another idea to add to the fight cave could be to yourself and make it nightmare zone style
Find

(04-11-2018, 11:23 AM)Brassx Wrote:  With that, I did want to scrap pretty much all of the other shops and do something else with them.

OFF TOPIC AGAIN:

One more thing I've been itching to make is the Hardest Solo PvE challenge to date on the Lobby(Fight Cave/Inferno type deal on OSRS). The reward for it would be an extremely useful untradeable item(T.B.D), which would be disclosed at launch so you can decide if you want to attempt it or not. It would also record times and have its own statue for the record holder.

This would be VERY difficult to beat, and include build ups to bosses/minibosses that you would have to figure out their mechanics and how to beat them. All of it could possibly be spectated by others too. If you die, you lose and have to restart from the very beginning (after a short (~2 minute) cooldown just to give someone else room to try it, as I may only make 1 zone for it).

That being said, if you guys do want what I said above, I'd definitely be down to make it. But I still have a ton of work to do on extinct weapons. I do want to give you guys a small update until then though. (We were thinking of something new to do when dead as a small update until extinct weapons are ready to roll out.)

I wouldn't say to completely remove the two other shops, but maybe combined them in one?

also I would love to have a new solo boss, especially one that is hard.
Find

(04-11-2018, 11:23 AM)Brassx Wrote:  On a side note, I kind of want to make daily challenges for each event that you can do for loot related to that event, but that would be separate from that.

BOSS BOUNTIES CONFIRMED HALLELUJAH!
Find