Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Which adjustments should be put in?
Reduce health of orb and reduce the effectiveness of ammo depletion.
Turn suffix into a chance to proc lasting 8-9 secs.
Stop ammo depletion at current clip and one reserve and have user heal happening at the same time.
Limit proc to only happen to one player at a time.
It's not a problem where it is currently.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Oculus is Silly

In the past few days there have been quite a few Oculu's dropping. With this said, I believe I may have some ideas to make the gun less silly than it is currently. I know tobiaz has been toying/tuning the weapon but I feel there are some other things to take into consideration.

As of right now, the orb placed on the victim have far too much health, effect is too effective, and its too easy to spam. I believe that the suffix itself should go back to the chance of automatically proc'ing on people. I also think the proc should only be able proc'd one at a time. I've been seeing as much as 3 people walking around with the proc so the Oculus's owner is constantly healing, thus making them difficult to kill. This wouldnt be a problem if the orb didnt have so much health, and if the victim was warned that they were inflicted with the gun's suffix. Lastly, I want to talk about the effect itself, its really cool and I love the idea of depleting people's ammo and recieving health once its depleted. However, it's rate of depleting ammo is too great. I think if the victim were left with the ammo in their clip and one in reserve, it would make it far more balanced. Also, instead of the heal taking place once depleted, make it happen during the ammo depletion. I would love to see the effect last for a max of 8-9 seconds as well. I really love the idea, but I think these adjustments would make it more enjoyable for everyone.
Find

It takes almost less than half a galil clip to completely break it(current hp its set at 500, not that much compared to other items of similar type)

It has a 25 second cooldown before you can proc it again once you do activate it on someone, but ill up that to 35 seconds so its not a big deal. It was changed from a proc on shoot to a prompted proc because it was useless as a proc on shoot. I would have liked to have kept it as a proc on shoot, but again by the time you actually proc'd it on someone they were already dead or very close to being dead making it basically useless.

The orb also makes a noise, so you can tell when you have it proc'd on you if you listen carefully. You guys need to take it down a bit, its the first of its type(as in ammo draining compared to health), so its still being worked on. When you run out of ammo, you still have your melee you can break it with, or even pick up another gun or ammo. There's nothing saying you have to break it with your current weapons. Even then, it only does 1hp a second, its not insta killing you at that rate.
Find

Make it take way more melee damage, cuz I hit that thing with my spoon for a solid 40 seconds and it didn't break. That's my only problem.
Also one problem is that 90% of the maps seemingly don't have gun spawns, which is dumb.
Find

I do agree that maybe some have taken too far and "taking it down a bit," is necessary. But I also think listening to our recommendations would be nice though. Just shooting down every recommendation is rude and not a good way to respond to constructive feedback in my opinion. I appreciate the fact that you provide reasons for the current state of the weapon but I still dont support the way you react to feedback. Either way, the amount of ammo it depletes is still too great as of right now. It can delete ammo faster than a dimension crystal can give it. Which is fine but what if the Oculus just disabled crystals the victim has equipped when it procs? I think if the rate of ammo depletion was slowed down and the crystals were disabled, this would be a fair addition. Also, I believe the orb's health is still too much. "Half a galil clip" is around 20 bullets and the galil does great damage when compared to the other weapons available. I think 250-300 is fair for the health. As for the sound, I have yet to actually hear it on me. If you increased the volume of the proc that would be great. As of right now, its difficult to hear anything when there is shooting, talking, etc. I dont really have a problem with the healing either, I think its cool, might even need to do more healing tbh. I still believe giving the effect a set time period to exist would be an appreciated change, if the weapon remains in its current state. Again, I love the weapon, love the idea, but it just seems to be in an odd spot at the time of me making this post.
Find

(04-05-2018, 08:27 PM)beachbeans Wrote:  I do agree that maybe some have taken too far and "taking it down a bit," is necessary. But I also think listening to our recommendations would be nice though. Just shooting down every recommendation is rude and not a good way to respond to constructive feedback in my opinion. I appreciate the fact that you provide reasons for the current state of the weapon but I still dont support the way you react to feedback. Either way, the amount of ammo it depletes is still too great as of right now. It can delete ammo faster than a dimension crystal can give it. Which is fine but what if the Oculus just disabled crystals the victim has equipped when it procs? I think if the rate of ammo depletion was slowed down and the crystals were disabled, this would be a fair addition. Also, I believe the orb's health is still too much. "Half a galil clip" is around 20 bullets and the galil does great damage when compared to the other weapons available. I think 250-300 is fair for the health. As for the sound, I have yet to actually hear it on me. If you increased the volume of the proc that would be great. As of right now, its difficult to hear anything when there is shooting, talking, etc. I dont really have a problem with the healing either, I think its cool, might even need to do more healing tbh. I still believe giving the effect a set time period to exist would be an appreciated change, if the weapon remains in its current state. Again, I love the weapon, love the idea, but it just seems to be in an odd spot at the time of me making this post.

Sorry, didn't really mean to come off sounding rude. I just don't think it needs to be changed at this very moment.

I'm gonna leave it as is for a few days and see if it needs more tweaking after that. It was just changed yesterday so I think its still a bit early to decide whether or not it needs changing yet.

I'd request it is louder too, after all brass with like 30 of those on him said it sounded peaceful.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

My only complaint with the orb is that it rapidly drains your ammo supplies, anyone not using a dimension crystal are screwed if proc'd on them and they don't act quick enough.
I've seen numerous people get completely screwed after leaving a gun fight with an Oculus user because they have a ball on them, leaving them with no ammo and meleeing the ball.
On top of that it heals the person who proc'd you with it leaving them MUCH better off if you run into them again.

The orb should really have a limited amount it can heal, or a maximum amount of HP it can heal to (similar to orbs) if it doesn't already.
Find

The orb now auto removes itself after 30 seconds of it being on you(not chasing you, the timer begins once you begin to see the beam attached to the person), it removes 1 less ammo from reserve, and has 100 less HP.

(04-06-2018, 02:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  The orb now auto removes itself after 30 seconds of it being on you(not chasing you, the timer begins once you begin to see the beam attached to the person), it removes 1 less ammo from reserve, and has 100 less HP.

Now it's silly
Find

"muh op gun isn't as op anymore"
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find