Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Vote on which buffs, if any you'd like to see applied to the TMP.
Increase firerate to compete with other SMGs.
Increase effective range and reduce severity of damage falloff.
I dont' care about the TMP why are you using that trash.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TMP's, the Trashiest of the Trash

Something that has disappeared from use is the TMP, I almost never see anyone using it due to how terrible it is. Much like the vector before the buff, it has terrible range. I understand its a smg but it has a much more severe damage drop off than the vector. For my tests, I have been using an Exalted TMP with 18.6% damage. Point blank, the TMP does 44 damage, after taking a few steps away (approximately 4 player models) the damage drops to 33, each step further away dropping it even more. At around 8 player models, it tops off at 19 damage. Given the slow firing nature of the TMP, I feel this damage is abhorent, especially given that other guns in its class fire much faster and do more damage. So perhaps a slight change the range and reduce the severity of the damage drop off if its fire rate is going to remain the same. I really love the model and the sound of the TMP and I really want to see more people using it.
Find

Id rather the damage dropoff was removed. Makes no sense that ak's are firing smg ammo and doing much more damage long range than actual smg's.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Pretty sure its just a copy + paste of the mac10 damage falloff, which is completely reasonable for an SMG.

The AK-47 is not an SMG, and just because it shares the same ammo type does not classify it as an SMG. If that were the case then the M16 would be a pistol or vise versa.
Find

(04-05-2018, 06:49 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Pretty sure its just a copy + paste of the mac10 damage falloff, which is completely reasonable for an SMG.

The AK-47 is not an SMG, and just because it shares the same ammo type does not classify it as an SMG. If that were the case then the M16 would be a pistol or vise versa.

A lunar mac 10 with 17.7% damage does 45 point blank, 35 at mid, and 23 at the furthest. So its not a direct copy paste.
Find

If tmp is being talked about why not buff mp5 too?
Find

(04-05-2018, 08:54 PM)beachbeans Wrote:  
(04-05-2018, 06:49 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Pretty sure its just a copy + paste of the mac10 damage falloff, which is completely reasonable for an SMG.

A lunar mac 10 with 17.7% damage does 45 point blank, 35 at mid, and 23 at the furthest. So its not a direct copy paste.

Well I meant the damage drop off code, their damage values are different, but the way it scales the damage isn't.
Find

(04-05-2018, 09:29 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(04-05-2018, 08:54 PM)beachbeans Wrote:  

Well I meant the damage drop off code, their damage values are different, but the way it scales the damage isn't.

Ahhh, i see, my b.
Find

Most SMGs with dropoff used in a range that is not close enough to sneeze on somebody are basically useless.
The only ones that are usable are ones with no damage dropoff or ones with some other major upside.

Best guns that use SMG ammo: SG552, Galil, AUG, AK47

Okay guns that use SMG ammo: P90, Vector, Mac10, MP5, UMP(only hump de bump)

Shit guns that use SMG ammo: literally everything else

In regards to the TMP, its' only upside is that it's suppressed.
Otherwise it's just a normal SMG, very lackluster for only coming from the leviathan crate and a missed opportunity as a gun type.
Find

In my experience i have never had a problem killing with my Poseidon's Wrath of the Phoenix :>
It fits a very up close and personal roll, though it does gets pretty awful at medium range, it is just an SMG in the end...
Find