Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Magic egg & Snowball

I know this has been suggested before, But I'm gonna have to go ahead re-suggest it again. The Magic Egg and Snowball items deserve a buff. They've been labeled as meme items but as they are now the only meme is how awful a PRIMORDIAL item and now a GODLIKE item truly are.

The Snowball.
And yes, I understand the snowball has its slow and I'm not saying it isn't totally useless as it is now, But I really believe the slow should be buffed or changed to a walk on ice. This would keep it as a low damaging item that has a utility purpose you can actually have fun with, Instead of just a "Meme" item.

The Magic Egg.
It's cool. Infinite ammo. Looks sweet while you throw it, Sure you'll get a kill once in a blue moon but cmon, This replaces your primary when it would've been pretty good in the misc slot. All its good for is T-baiting and harming innocents by accident, However. Currently its damage is (30) headshot, bodyshot doesn't matter. It doesn't have a multiplier. What would make it "worth" or at least, NOT as useless, Would be to buff its damage from 30 -> 34 meaning provided you are at full karma, you will 3 shot an innocent in 3 individual hits. Of course you could always 2 shot if it ricochets twice on one throw or 1 hit if it ricochets three times, But that would be very circumstantial, Backed into a closet or small room, in a corner... Etc etc which would basically make this item worth using, BUT... This would be on INNOCENT. Detectives and Traitors with body armour will take (23.8) damage. So the tradeoff is still quite a great one, I believe it'll truly be a small change that will help owners of this precious item.

My points for this reasoning isn't to make these overpowered or even that useful when compared to any other gun in the game.
It's just to make these... Well. Fun to use. They should be trading more fun factor over damage, But the way they are now is sacrificing TOO much damage to BE fun.

After all, You put work into making these items, It'd be nice to see them being used sometimes, Right?

Also...
Magic egg, Snowball combo weapon when? Make the ancient gem be used and it'll be balanced :^) /s
Find

(02-23-2018, 03:23 AM)Jerk Butt Wrote:  I know this has been suggested before, But I'm gonna have to go ahead re-suggest it again. The Magic Egg and Snowball items deserve a buff. They've been labeled as meme items but as they are now the only meme is how awful a PRIMORDIAL item and now a GODLIKE item truly are.

The Snowball.
And yes, I understand the snowball has its slow and I'm not saying it isn't totally useless as it is now, But I really believe the slow should be buffed or changed to a walk on ice. This would keep it as a low damaging item that has a utility purpose you can actually have fun with, Instead of just a "Meme" item.

The Magic Egg.
It's cool. Infinite ammo. Looks sweet while you throw it, Sure you'll get a kill once in a blue moon but cmon, This replaces your primary when it would've been pretty good in the misc slot. All its good for is T-baiting and harming innocents by accident, However. Currently its damage is (30) headshot, bodyshot doesn't matter. It doesn't have a multiplier. What would make it "worth" or at least, NOT as useless, Would be buff its damage from 30 -> 34 meaning provided you are at full karma, you will 3 shot an innocent in 3 individual hits. Of course you could always 2 shot if it ricochets twice on one throw or 1 hit if it ricochets three times, But that would be very circumstantial, Backed into a closet or small room, in a corner... Etc etc which would basically make this item worth using, BUT... This would be on INNOCENT. Detectives and Traitors with body armour will take (23.8) damage. So the tradeoff is still quite a great one, I believe it'll truly be a small change that will help owners of this precious item.

After all, You put work into making these items, It'd be nice to see them being used sometimes, Right?

Also...
Magic egg, Snowball combo weapon when? Make the ancient gem be used and it'll be balanced :^) /s

might as well buff the Exotic meme guns too. i mean they are super useless and they are the top tier, but they aren't going to be buffed because that's the point of those guns and if you already suggested and it didn't get buffed then most likely they aren't going to be. because that's the point of magic/snowball.
They aren't meant to play for kills or for seriously.
They are meant to just play for the fun and the lolz.
(and if you do kill someone with it. oh man its super satisfying, Also it would humiliate the person that died to it.
Find

(02-23-2018, 05:19 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(02-23-2018, 03:23 AM)Jerk Butt Wrote:  I know this has been suggested before, But I'm gonna have to go ahead re-suggest it again. The Magic Egg and Snowball items deserve a buff. They've been labeled as meme items but as they are now the only meme is how awful a PRIMORDIAL item and now a GODLIKE item truly are.

The Snowball.

The Magic Egg.
It's cool. Infinite ammo. Looks sweet while you throw it, Sure you'll get a kill once in a blue moon but cmon, This replaces your primary when it would've been pretty good in the misc slot. All its good for is T-baiting and harming innocents by accident, However. Currently its damage is (30) headshot, bodyshot doesn't matter. It doesn't have a multiplier. What would make it "worth" or at least, NOT as useless, Would be buff its damage from 30 -> 34 meaning provided you are at full karma, you will 3 shot an innocent in 3 individual hits. Of course you could always 2 shot if it ricochets twice on one throw or 1 hit if it ricochets three times, But that would be very circumstantial, Backed into a closet or small room, in a corner... Etc etc which would basically make this item worth using, BUT... This would be on INNOCENT. Detectives and Traitors with body armour will take (23.8) damage. So the tradeoff is still quite a great one, I believe it'll truly be a small change that will help owners of this precious item.

Also...

might as well buff the Exotic meme guns too. i mean they are super useless and they are the top tier, but they aren't going to be buffed because that's the point of those guns and if you already suggested and it didn't get buffed then most likely they aren't going to be. because that's the point of magic/snowball. they aren't meant to play for kills or for seriously. they are meant to just play for the fun and the lols. (and if you do kill someone with it. oh man its super satisfying, Also it would humiliate the person that died to it.

Those are very obviously not supposed to kill, While the magic egg and snowball can't kill EASILY it is certainly possible...? It's made very clear that an APRIL FOOLS weapon is supposed to be a meme gun but you don't have to make NON-GUN weapons "meme" weapons aswell...
Find

There are other non gun that can kill
Kunis, bow
why can't brass make meme non guns? that are just for the fun of it.

(This is not a argument this is a discusstion. just letting other know before they get in on this)
Find

(02-23-2018, 05:26 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  There are other non gun that can kill
Kunis, bow
why can't brass make meme non guns? that are just for the fun of it.

(This is not a argument this is a discusstion. just letting other know before they get in on this)

Indeed. And those kill easily. I don't want the egg and snowball to kill easily. I just want them to be... fun. These buffs only make a utility weapon, the snowball .. well have a small amount of utility. Besides throwing it at someone and giggling as they blow your brains out of your skull
, but it wouldn't be as versatile compared to say, a deagle or any other secondary. Obviously you'd be trading damage for guaranteed proc, The slow it has now is barely noticeable and needs a slight buff or be made to be a walk on ice. It is a godlike after all.. it deserves a little love.
And for the magic egg it'd literally only reduce the amount needed to kill innocents by 1. 1 hit and only on innocents. It would not change anything else. Thats nothing when you truly realize how hard it is to hit the damn thing before you're mowed down. These would still feel memey, but you wouldn't feel like you so utterly fucking useless when you do that that T round with one equipped. Its a small enough change that does no harm or breaks the time to kill meta that is TTT but adds the smallest change to make something that time was poured into make seem that much better.

TLDR; small change maek egg kill inno sometimes stays a meme weapon but the change makes it fun to use, snowball not feel like egg but worse. I understand the premise of making meme weapons but cmon you gotta give them some sort of fun factor, dying without a chance doesn't sound fun :thinking:

(Agreed, arguments do not have to be heated they just generally refer to that, I meant argument as an opposing view discussion for anyone who did not understand this prior.)
Find

Last thing i would like to say is. Godlikes don't mean they should be useful/helpful/powerful, that's just how rare it is. rare means more valuable yes but not more powerful.
Find

-1 I don't own these

Honestly though they should have a buff a Godlike is a godlike and a primordial is a primordial
Find

If I buffed these, wouldn't I also need to make other novelty items more useful?

Perhaps instead of a damage buff to eggs, maybe an ability that makes them more fun rather than a straight killing power increase?

(02-23-2018, 08:59 PM)Brassx Wrote:  If I buffed these, wouldn't I also need to make other novelty items more useful?

Perhaps instead of a damage buff to eggs, maybe an ability that makes them more fun rather than a straight killing power increase?

Make it so when you get hit, your screen gets covered in egg yolk

Chance to crack on target, once cracked summons morgoth to hunt and kill victim