Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

FRG TTT Beta

The beta is live on TTT 2. During this beta we will be testing the new In-game Download system I made, looking for bugs/oversights or performance problems. We will also be testing Challenge Scrolls.

The Beta server will use a different Database entirely, so any items obtained/lost here will NOT carry over to the main database. This is so we can test various rewards, and new player models and what not, without having them affect players.

More Details:
  • Huge networking compression to speed up data transfers from Server to Client.
  • Challenge Scrolls. A complete re-write of my old system, done by tobias.
    These are little scrolls that lead you to a reward chest. (Untradeable)

There are varying difficulties of these, with various tasks, riddles, and puzzles to perform to get to the next step.
  • New setting to disable "Hold To Remove" items.
  • 24 new player models (Note that not all of these are likely to be added. These are just a test run, with the new system and what not)
  • Re-organized the Coinshop. Donator stuff now has its own section.
  • Changed playermodel displays.
  • New In-Game download system. This means, all of our content will download as you play the game, rather than at the loading screen. As a result, you may see some errors until the downloads finish, but it beats being stuck at a loading screen.

If you have limited Data, I do not advise participating in the beta, as there will be ~1.3gb worth of downloads.

Things I'm looking for:
  • Bug reports
  • Average download speeds (you can see how long each download took in the console once it completes)
  • If you have limited data, how limited is it? Would you prefer for this to be able to be disabled, or some kind of menu to pick what you download? (Meaning new content would be errors)
Find

I'm going to be honest, custom player models is something that really bothers me in Gmod servers. I honestly hate them. The Charple and stuff was fine, it wasn't huge, but seeing Link or Asian Tank-top lady really doesn't seem that great to me. But I could be alone in that. Thanks for the update.

(02-08-2018, 11:36 PM)Terran Wrote:  I'm going to be honest, custom player models is something that really bothers me in Gmod servers. I honestly hate them. The Charple and stuff was fine, it wasn't huge, but seeing Link or Asian Tank-top lady really doesn't seem that great to me. But I could be alone in that. Thanks for the update.

I dislike seeing Link because there are already a ton of his cosmetics in game. I feel like all of those are pointless now if I can just buy the real thing. However, I see nothing wrong with the tank top girl.
Find

The tank top girl is from Portal, and its a model that's included in GMOD.

Normies.

(02-08-2018, 11:43 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(02-08-2018, 11:36 PM)Terran Wrote:  I'm going to be honest, custom player models is something that really bothers me in Gmod servers. I honestly hate them. The Charple and stuff was fine, it wasn't huge, but seeing Link or Asian Tank-top lady really doesn't seem that great to me. But I could be alone in that. Thanks for the update.

I dislike seeing Link because there are already a ton of his cosmetics in game. I feel like all of those are pointless now if I can just buy the real thing. However, I see nothing wrong with the tank top girl.

All we have directly relating to link, is his hat. Dafuq you mean a ton of his cosmetics? Majoras mask, hover boots, can all directly be attached to Link to customize him.

Then we have the shield as a weapon. What else..?

Either way, I know some people aren't a fan of custom player models, but it's time to face the facts that the majority of people enjoy them/look for them, and it's something we've always been missing out on.

That's not to say these will stick around or anything, as stated in the original post.

Super awesome update brass! How long will the beta be up? I have no school tomorrow, so I might be on late tonight. Gonna chill with my friends and eat pizza for a while.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Where is Miku player model?

(Plz no bullies)

Getting non-rightful kills adds progress to challenge scroll progression.
Find

(02-09-2018, 01:26 AM)PapaRussia Wrote:  Getting non-rightful kills adds progress to challenge scroll progression.

I believe tobias set it like that just for the Beta.
Find

How much longer will this beta be running?
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

From the few challenges you guys have seen so far, what do you think of the overall system?

Keep in mind i disabled almost all the challenges besides a few anagrams and kill quests(a few challenges were broken however and managed to slip through the filter)
Find