Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

raffle

drop chance goes down 2.5% until the chance is 1/2000, then it will go down at a rate of 50 each map change until 1/200 and will stop there
if the number chosen is 1 it will initiate the roll
Find

I think we have enough give aways on the server now lol
Find

It takes a while for a reason, its a way to promote people to go play TTT
Find

I think we should roll random numbers again. It was way better when we did it that way, because we werent always 1 - 10 away from the goal number.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I think this should help later on when it's only going down by 10 each map change and everyone is just metagaming to make the rounds go faster.

How about something to help early on when the drop chance is literally 1/half my rounds played in 2 years?

(01-30-2018, 01:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  It takes a while for a reason, its a way to promote people to go play TTT

It's good for when the chance is under 300, but when it took 4 days to get there and the player count plummets immediately after it rolls there's a huge problem with the system

It's by no means a fix to low player counts, but if we can use a temporary boost in traffic and players towards a longer term solution it could be a great thing for the server
Find

(01-30-2018, 07:11 PM)Kuro Wrote:  I think this should help later on when it's only going down by 10 each map change and everyone is just metagaming to make the rounds go faster.

How about something to help early on when the drop chance is literally 1/half my rounds played in 2 years?

(01-30-2018, 01:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  It takes a while for a reason, its a way to promote people to go play TTT

It's good for when the chance is under 300, but when it took 4 days to get there and the player count plummets immediately after it rolls there's a huge problem with the system

It's by no means a fix to low player counts, but if we can use a temporary boost in traffic and players towards a longer term solution it could be a great thing for the server

Well in those 4 days we gained a few new players, which is great.

One of the goals of the system is to help people obtain 'good' items, thus make TTT feel more exciting to play. A free 1 in ~20 chance (when it rolls) is much better than a 1 in 1k+ chance after all. It's also a way of possibly rewarding those who choose to play all of the time. (The items can drop at any chance. The first one dropped at a 1 in 6k after all)

It did its job well, and I was well aware people would mostly be attracted to it when it has lower chances. I don't think that indicates a huge problem with the system, but with our player-base(not their fault or anything, just the way things are currently). I think it shows a lot of people play only for their own greed, which that by itself isn't a bad thing, but it's not really good either. It caused that giveaway at lower rates to be more stressful, due to greed. But, If anything, it shows a lot of our older player base just doesn't enjoy TTT very much anymore(if thats what it took to get them on), and I really don't think there's anything I can do to fix that. But it showed you guys do indeed care about items here, a lot.

We need new players that have not experienced FRG TTT for years, so it's all new and fresh to them (even though I added quite a bit to TTT, it's still not enough to keep it fresh for our older players, and keep them around. It's clear now that they are here for the items mostly. It's also hard to add new T/D items all of the time as tons of them tend to be extremely unbalanced).

I will continue to add content to TTT, especially if you guys keep suggesting stuff, but we have so much content on TTT already, and so many ways to gain loot, I don't know what else we can do to appeal to older players.

Let's also not forget, players you're playing with make almost as much, if not more, of a difference than the content itself.
Find

I agree with Kuro. When it's below 200 it just becomes a jihad fest. And folks yelling/egging at a T that he wasted or spent too much time. "You wasted 45 seconds." When in fact they were doing good and trying to win the game. Not metagaming like the majority wanted. It's an unhealthy meta when it comes to valuable loot on the line.
Find

(01-30-2018, 08:10 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  I agree with Kuro. When it's below 200 it just becomes a jihad fest. And folks yelling/egging at a T that he wasted or spent too much time. "You wasted 45 seconds." When in fact they were doing good and trying to win the game. Not metagaming like the majority wanted. It's an unhealthy meta when it comes to valuable loot on the line.
That's fair, but again, doesn't that show an issue with our playerbase?

To be fair though, that was pretty uncommon to even get lower than that. Most of the items so far, dropped much earlier.

The snow globe actually should've dropped much earlier. It did indeed proc, but due to an error it just skipped the giveaway rolls entirely and ignored the player it chose, so it didn't technically 'count' but it did proc.
Find

I think the Aezurth dropped faster bexause everyone rolled a random number, and then when someone actually rolled the number everyone rolled that number. Thats why these took so long imo.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(01-30-2018, 08:10 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  I agree with Kuro. When it's below 200 it just becomes a jihad fest. And folks yelling/egging at a T that he wasted or spent too much time. "You wasted 45 seconds." When in fact they were doing good and trying to win the game. Not metagaming like the majority wanted. It's an unhealthy meta when it comes to valuable loot on the line.

That's a direct result of the toxicity of our playerbase - to harass other people into doing what they want instead of allowing everyone to partake in the actual gamemode and have fun with that. We should be working towards removing that problem by discouraging those players from acting like that as opposed to encouraging them by making this giveaway less rare/even promoting the idea of speeding up rounds.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find