Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Late Game Content Ideas

When Aresuft mentioned more late game content on Nivendos post it got me thinking of ideas, so Im just going to list them off here.

1. Goodie Bags for people past level 75 - These goodie bags would contain crates, coins and maybe accessories. They would drop 3 - 6 items and you would earn them every week.

2. Gun Attachments (a controversial topic that was mentioned sometime last year) - There would be an NPC in lobby or realms (whichever it suits more) and you would be able to talk to him when you’re level 100 or higher. Every day you could go talk to him and look at his variety of items. Red Dot Sight, Holographic, Silencers, Compensators, and so on and so forth.

3. Paint Crate - Maybe one of the most liked ideas I had at the time, but got ignored as time went on. Maybe finally we could implement this into TTT, Realms and Jailbreak. Also could possibly be in the goodie bags that are earned every week if that gets added.

Hopefully one of these gets added??
Bouncy Rounds

But that would give High Levels a Better Advantage i like these just implement them in a different way and for all players
Find

(01-05-2018, 08:40 PM)Santabalt Wrote:  But that would give High Levels a Better Advantage i like these just implement them in a different way and for all players

It wouldn't necessarily be an advantage unless the attachments gave weapons extra accuracy or something. I was thinking for it to just be for cosmetic purposes.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I like all of these ideas and not only because I'll be able to receive their benefits. Back when I joined the server, I remember level 100 was for the sweatiest try hards and was a novelty that can't be obtained. Now there are a lot of level 100s, and someone is going hard for level 200. I think exclusive rewards for those who put a large number of hours would be awesome. Also, it would incentivize the lower levels to continue the path of Doritos™ and Mountain Dew™ land.

Goodie Bags- This feels like an excellent weekly. My opinion: Maybe a quest to unlock it?
Gun Attachments- I like the idea that they're vanity. But if only one of these ideas were added, this wouldn't be my first vote. My opinion: Maybe you have to buy them?
Paint Crate- I'm kinda shocked that this isn't in already, it's a nice idea. My opinion: I wouldn't want to see this as a high tier reward. Maybe around the 50s you can buy them.

I'm just going to tag my idea in this post.
Trashcan- It will auto delete anything you set it for. I don't care about anything under unlikely, and I would just remove them. (Outside of the standard tier that Brass gave out, I love those.)
Find

(01-06-2018, 12:53 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Goodie Bags- This feels like an excellent weekly. My opinion: Maybe a quest to unlock it?
I agree with this as long as its not something like the cog quest all over again. Half the time I don't look for cogs I just walk into them.

(01-06-2018, 12:53 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Gun Attachments- I like the idea that they're vanity. But if only one of these ideas were added, this wouldn't be my first vote. My opinion: Maybe you have to buy them?
I'm pretty sure I stated in this one that you would buy them with coins or fragments. If not, must have not crossed my mind at the time, but this is what I intended.

(01-06-2018, 12:53 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Paint Crate- I'm kinda shocked that this isn't in already, it's a nice idea. My opinion: I wouldn't want to see this as a high tier reward. Maybe around the 50s you can buy them.
Same, I don't know how it's not added, except for the fact that it will not be able to be used on weapons that already have a color on them (ie. Heroic, Lunar, Pretty Pink)

(01-06-2018, 12:53 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  I'm just going to tag my idea in this post.
Trashcan- It will auto delete anything you set it for. I don't care about anything under unlikely, and I would just remove them. (Outside of the standard tier that Brass gave out, I love those.)
I NEED this in my life. I hate having to delete standards every time I get them. Splendid idea.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

but if we're trying to draw new players in, wouldn't implementing really desirable things that can only be achieved after playing for hundreds of hours do the opposite? you could say that it gives them an incentive to keep playing, but as a newbie, I don't care enough about the server to commit myself to reaching level 100. as cobalt said, I think these ideas are cool, but they shouldn't be so strenuous to achieve

p.s gun attachments seem like way too much of a game changer to be restricted to a small minority of people

(01-06-2018, 03:02 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  But if we're trying to draw new players in. Wouldn't implementing really desirable things that can only be achieved after playing for hundreds of hours do the opposite? You could say that it gives them an incentive to keep playing. But as a newbie, "I don't care enough about the server to commit myself to reaching level 100." as Cobalt said. I think these ideas are cool, but they shouldn't be so strenuous to achieve

First and foremost, Type like you care, that took me like 30 seconds.

Secondly, we're not EAing it out and making large portions of the game behind a paywall (Or in this case a time wall). Two of the ideas are vanity and literally don't do anything. Trashcan is just saves you three seconds per gun. The Goodie Bags are a "Thank you for playing the server for (around) 1000 hours, here is some stuff." 1000 hours is a guesstimate when you reach 100 and is 41 days. Also, there isn't really much late game stuff. Your level is purple and thunders a bit, and a cape. Not saying those arn't good. But, back then there wasn't a lot of people in the 100s, now a lot of people are scaling up and are close to that fabled 100.

Third, we also want to retain our player base. It's impressive if you drink 40 gallons of water, not so much when you piss it all away. They spent a large amount of hours, so why not reward them with some worthless stuff and a weekly? (Purely assuming that everything here gets added, which it will probably won't)

(01-06-2018, 03:02 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  p.s. Gun attachments seem like way too much of a game changer to be restricted to a small minority of people

Forth and lastly, what? It's stated that they don't do anything, it's like having a hat for your gun. It's personalizing it and making YOUR gun. I would rather name my gun, I don't know why we're scared of it. Just don't give the kid a marker and they can't write on the walls.

(01-06-2018, 03:45 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  
(01-06-2018, 03:02 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  But if we're trying to draw new players in. Wouldn't implementing really desirable things that can only be achieved after playing for hundreds of hours do the opposite? You could say that it gives them an incentive to keep playing. But as a newbie, "I don't care enough about the server to commit myself to reaching level 100." as Cobalt said. I think these ideas are cool, but they shouldn't be so strenuous to achieve

First and foremost, Type like you care, that took me like 30 seconds.

Secondly, we're not EAing it out and making large portions of the game behind a paywall (Or in this case a time wall). Two of the ideas are vanity and literally don't do anything. Trashcan is just saves you three seconds per gun. The Goodie Bags are a "Thank you for playing the server for (around) 1000 hours, here is some stuff." 1000 hours is a guesstimate when you reach 100 and is 41 days. Also, there isn't really much late game stuff. Your level is purple and thunders a bit, and a cape. Not saying those arn't good. But, back then there wasn't a lot of people in the 100s, now a lot of people are scaling up and are close to that fabled 100.

Third, we also want to retain our player base. It's impressive if you drink 40 gallons of water, not so much when you piss it all away. They spent a large amount of hours, so why not reward them with some worthless stuff and a weekly? (Purely assuming that everything here gets added, which it will probably won't)

(01-06-2018, 03:02 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  p.s. Gun attachments seem like way too much of a game changer to be restricted to a small minority of people

Forth and lastly, what? It's stated that they don't do anything, it's like having a hat for your gun. It's personalizing it and making YOUR gun. I would rather name my gun, I don't know why we're scared of it. Just don't give the kid a marker and they can't write on the walls.
do you have to be so hostile? jeez man.

anyways, the goodie bag was not the point of my post, nor was the paint crate. (I'm not even gonna cite the trash can; that is not a part of this suggestion and is YOUR idea, thus I was obviously not referring to it)

I also do not have anything against providing rewards to those who play the server a lot, and reach certain milestones. the problem for me is whenever that reward is something game changing, and hard to achieve... like the proposed gun attachments. having to reach level 100 (translated: play for roughly 1000+ hours) to attain what sounds to me to be a crucial component to a gun's makeup (red dot, holo, silencers, compensators, etc) is pretty offputting, to a new player even more so.

retaining our player base is important of course, but are we really losing old players right now? what's more important to me, and the several threads concerning low player counts, is getting new players interested in the server. gun attachments that are almost completely implausible for a new player to strive for is not the way to go about doing that.

p.s editing my post for capitalization and punctuation, albeit poorly, is pretty petty.
Find

The attachments for weapons was something I worked on awhile ago, but I just didn't see it worth doing in the end. Infact it's the sole reason I made my model streaming system (streams some accessories from the webserver, rather than downloading up front).

More 'late-game' stuff is already planned, although nothing really more than we already have to award loyal players, but things players can set goals to achieve. That said, I definitely don't mind doing some stuff to award the loyal players who spend so much time here. The new system I made to create 'effects' for weapons(for extinct godlikes) is very powerful and can support weapon sights/attachments. It would be purely visual though, with no added bonuses, other than possibly being able to aim better.

I can't say I agree with limiting something like that to higher levels though. But maybe some exclusive coinshop sections and weekly rewards might be cool.

Maybe like being a higher level means you can have a higher selection of items? There's the 3 weapons in the fragment shop, but if every 25 levels (To a max of 4 so level 100 cap), there's another item you can buy. And if you aren't that level, you can see the item but its crossed off.

What about higher level deals that aren't quite as good as VIP deals, but still can be good with a max of 1 crate type per change.

What about getting extra fragments if you're a higher level? Doesn't need to be much, but I feel like I save my fragments for any swift items because they sell for high and have no extra fragments for crates.
Find