Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Staff Suggestion: Interviews.

I believe that a new order of getting through staff applications should be done. If someone is approved for staff, they will have to go through and interview given by the higher ups (or a few specifically chosen individuals) which asks questions of all the rules, and punishments to make sure that they know what they're doing once they go into the position. If the interview is failed, they can be given another chance, and if it's failed twice; they do not get the position. If the interview is passed the position is handed to them.

This would make sure that proper people are being promoted, and prevent people from getting promoted due to biased opinions on them.

To get my point across further: I have been in plenty of communities in which people have gotten staff due to biased decisions, these people ended up not knowing many rules nor punishments and made outright shit staff.

If someone takes the interview, and fails it due to questions about rules and punishments, would you want them to still be staff simply because their application was approved? I know that I wouldn't.

Rules are something most people can get the hang of, sure, but punishments are also a large part of being staff. If you don't know the correct punishments for specific rule-breakings, then you could end up false banning someone or giving out false punishment.

This system would overall make it so we had better and more qualified staff.

-.5 Good idea, but i think that the staff should know the rules before applying but i dont think there is a need for a interview, instead, if a staff isnt doing his job right people can just make a complaint and get him/her demoted.
Find

(02-07-2015, 11:27 PM){PSG} Maximus3131 Wrote:  -.5 Good idea, but i think that the staff should know the rules before applying but i dont think there is a need for a interview, instead, if a staff isnt doing his job right people can just make a complaint and get him/her demoted.

Why wait for someone to mess up? What's the point of that, when you can prevent it in a way.
Find

Just becoming staff is hard, people comment, saying how well you did with your previous rank, and voting and stuff, dont necessarily think that it needs to have a interview...

Also, how would this take place?
Find

This seems really unnecessary. We get to play with the person and we will know if they know the rules or not. We are not going to promote someone who doesn't know what an rdm is or doesn't know if you rdm you get slain ect.
Find

(02-07-2015, 11:32 PM){PSG} Maximus3131 Wrote:  Also, how would this take place?

Teamspeak perhaps, just have a group of staff in the FRG teamspeak server.
Find

I dunno man, i hate to - most peoples ideas i just think its kinda unnessecarry like denneh said...
Find

How often do you see people on NTG/FRG get promoted and not know the rules? The staff promotion system works with these type of communities. We can post our opinion and everyone will play with that person so you can judge them for yourself.
Find

(02-07-2015, 11:43 PM)Denneh Wrote:  How often do you see people on NTG/FRG get promoted and not know the rules? The staff promotion system works with these type of communities. We can post our opinion and everyone will play with that person so you can judge them for yourself.

NTG - a lot

FRG - none so far because anyone promoted has been a trusted person on ntg.
Find

It doesn't take long to figure out if the person promoted will be a lazy staff member. Also I new very little when I first got Operator on NTG I learned from Moderators and Admins who taught me the proper way to deal with situations. I try to do the same when a new player gets promoted by helping them with reports and answering their questions.
Find