Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rule discussion

Let's discuss what rules you the community thinks should be changed, removed, added, or addressed/clarified. I believe a thread would be better than a meeting, just because more people can be involved, during a longer period of time. Especially to address something as important as this.

Here's the current ruleset (Huge thanks to Unpoke for re-organizing/re-wording some of the rules)

In-Game Rules

General Rules

Inventory Rules
Credit to Jake1o for the original post and Unpoke for organizing it.

So what rules do you guys think should be addressed, added, removed, changed, etc?

If you have a suggestion, feel free to setup a strawpoll for it to make things a bit easier.
Find

I have a few ones to start with:

1) Is holding out a knife T baiting even if you call it out in chat?
2) Are only detectives allowed to ask people to put bodies down, or can anybody?(if they have DNA on them, and they are not trying to dispose of it)?
3) If someone kills another person for entering their claim, are you allowed to kill that person?
4) Do you have to give 3 warnings for door spamming, or can you only give one?
5) This one applies to what the answer to 4 is, is spamming an elevator up and down(Like the one on digdown) considered door spamming or something else, and can you be killed for it?
Find

Person A: *gets hit by person B with a ninjato* *kills person B*
Person C: *knowing that person B hit person A* "Oh but you killed an inno so I can kill you!!"

We need to get rdm trains to stop.

(07-14-2017, 01:56 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I have a few ones to start with:

1) Is holding out a knife T baiting even if you call it out in chat?
2) Are only detectives allowed to ask people to put bodies down, or can anybody?(if they have DNA on them, and they are not trying to dispose of it)?
3) If someone kills another person for entering their claim, are you allowed to kill that person?
4) Do you have to give 3 warnings for door spamming, or can you only give one?
5) This one applies to what the answer to 4 is, is spamming an elevator up and down(Like the one on digdown) considered door spamming or something else, and can you be killed for it?
1. Stumped me, but I still want it to be required to say it in text chat to prevent confusion when someone gets slain for killing someone holding out a knife or something. Not everyone hears it in voice and at least text will show proof. Honestly though there's no reason to hold out certain T weapons so who knows. I never really thought of it as a problem that much.

2. I'd prefer it only dets, sometimes it's fun to mess with bodies and people might take it overboard with telling people to drop a body for DNA and use it as an excuse to kill.

3. No

4. Three

5. I don't really know what the elevator on digdown is like but if it denies access to certain parts of the map and people can't get on said elevator or whatever, then yes it is door spamming.
Find

Is prop surfing "for fun" as in not to get to spots but just up in the air fair game?
What's the appropriate punishment for it?
Is it KOSable?

How far can racism/antisemitism go unpunished? People often go extremely far without saying the "n" word which currently obviously isn't allowed, how far can that go? The boundaries are definitely pushed.
(I don't think with an 'a' at the end should be allowed either.)
((also autism/retard jokes))

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(07-14-2017, 03:06 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  1. Stumped me, but I still want it to be required to say it in text chat to prevent confusion when someone gets slain for killing someone holding out a knife or something. Not everyone hears it in voice and at least text will show proof. Honestly though there's no reason to hold out certain T weapons so who knows. I never really thought of it as a problem that much.

2. I'd prefer it only dets, sometimes it's fun to mess with bodies and people might take it overboard with telling people to drop a body for DNA and use it as an excuse to kill.

3. No

4. Three

5. I don't really know what the elevator on digdown is like but if it denies access to certain parts of the map and people can't get on said elevator or whatever, then yes it is door spamming.

I think that this thread is more for Brass to clarify things for the community and staff rather than us trying to answer the questions.

I feel like a lot of people still go by their own rules and still do from the time I was staff.
Understandably a lot of people have to make quick decisions on the spot as staff, but I feel like what isn't known is made up for with experience or knowledge of the rules which differs from person to person.

Since it differs so much and people have their own opinions and logical processes, at what point does it become logical to kos somebody? I'm asking everyone for their opinion by the way. Based on the thing with Wind and how it was justified if I was a staff member I would have slain him no doubt if up to me, because I don't think logically in that situation anyone could have known for certain.
Find

(07-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Kuro Wrote:  
(07-14-2017, 03:06 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  1. Stumped me, but I still want it to be required to say it in text chat to prevent confusion when someone gets slain for killing someone holding out a knife or something. Not everyone hears it in voice and at least text will show proof. Honestly though there's no reason to hold out certain T weapons so who knows. I never really thought of it as a problem that much.

3. No

4. Three

I think that this thread is more for Brass to clarify things for the community and staff rather than us trying to answer the questions.

I feel like a lot of people still go by their own rules and still do from the time I was staff.
Understandably a lot of people have to make quick decisions on the spot as staff, but I feel like what isn't known is made up for with experience or knowledge of the rules which differs from person to person.

Since it differs so much and people have their own opinions and logical processes, at what point does it become logical to kos somebody? I'm asking everyone for their opinion by the way. Based on the thing with Wind and how it was justified if I was a staff member I would have slain him no doubt if up to me, because I don't think logically in that situation anyone could have known for certain.

he had plenty of evidence to kill, and in the end he was correct, so i do not think he should be slain, he followed a trail of evidence, and found its end. But if the person he killed was inno, then yes, slay him. Traitors are meant to be stealthy, not kill someone and run out making it extremely obvious they are a traitor. Innos are meant to survive and kill the traitors. If the inno gets enough reasonable evidence, then they should be allowed to kill. We should all also take it down a notch when we get killed. Ive had plenty of times were i killed off completely reasonable logic, but couldnt say anything, due to people screaming at me you did this off skin or you had no proof at all. when really i never kosed off skin, and i had all the evidence from their past actions. these things that have happened had also happened with a few staff, and they would just keep arguing and not let me get my point across. But anyway, at what point is logical killing not allowed? and i cant claim entire ladders, what about sundays street tower. I tend to claim the top of it and say getting on ladder is kos. is that ok?

(07-14-2017, 04:07 PM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  
(07-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Kuro Wrote:  
(07-14-2017, 03:06 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  whales response
kurbo's response

He had plenty of evidence to kill and turned out being correct. He followed a trail of evidence, and found its end. If the person he killed was inno, then yes, slay him.
Traitors are meant to be stealthy, not kill someone and run out making it extremely obvious they are a traitor. Innos are meant to survive and kill the traitors. If the inno gets enough reasonable evidence, then they should be allowed to kill.
We should all also take it down a notch when we get killed. I've had plenty of times where I killed off completely reasonable logic but couldn't say anything due to people screaming at me with "You did this off skin," or "You had no proof at all," when really I never KOS'd off skin and I had all the evidence from their past actions.
These things that have happened had also happened with a few staff, and they would just keep arguing and not let me get my point across.

But anyway, at what point is logical killing not allowed? I cant claim entire ladders, what about Sunday Street's tower. I tend to claim the top of it and say getting on ladder is KOSable. Is that okay?

The rule on logic will hopefully be cleared up here. All arguments for it have already been made, so we'll see.
As for the rule on ladders, you can claim the entry-way even if it's attached to the ladder, so if someone's prairie-dogging in, you can kill them for it. Claiming an entire ladder though would be stupid though since you can't really strafe around ladders and it'd be suuuper campy since it's a straight shot down and usually results in the easiest headshot of your life.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

So I believe two big issues that need to be addressed in the rules is do we want to change the current rule set to

1. Allow for innocents to use logic to take out a traitor, i believe many players dont play because they dont think its fun, and a lot of the new players join the server using logic and then they get told they have to play mindless and cant kill someone for logic. For instance there was actually a member on a server of just level 1 - 11's yesterday that i joined and he was telling them "If you dont see me shoot you cant kill me, even if we are alone in a closed room and im behind you if i shoot you in the head and you didnt see me do it you cant kill me for it" So yes players on our server actually do believe this is how the rule works.

2. A rule for staff member that requires them to be active, now yes ik i have discussed this with brass and we agreed it would feel like a job but i dont think asking staff members to be on an hour for a week would be bad (this being for moderators and admins) and if they cant be on or are just not feeling like playing make an away post and their rank will be secure. As for plus members as i view them as the operators of this community i believe that if they are inactive for 4+ months they should be dropped back down to member.

for right now those are the 2 i can think of, more probably will come to mind

Are real world politics allowed in the server and on the forums?

- That Thrakos Noob
Find