Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My personal thoughts on the current recoil system and how I think it could be better.

To start off this is my personal opinion on this there obviously isn't a right answer to this rather subjective part of gameplay. However personally I think this system has a few fatal mistakes that just make it less enjoyable to have than to omit it entirely.

The first one is that the added recoil is nearly uncontrollable for many weapons to the point it's jarring as every time you fire   your field of view gets shifted up 20 degrees every bullet to the point it makes general gameplay with one enjoyable for me. Other games will at the very least also have a recoil "cap" where it won't continue annoyingly pushing your view into the sky constantly after a certain point. Here's an example of CS:GO which Is basically considered to have the hardest recoil system of any competitive game played right now compared to the insanity that is frgs recoil right now.

Ak47 is one of the guns with the highest recoil in counterstrike.
Thrakos as example since it's a higher recoil gun.

I feel like the increased cone of fire added to all guns after the recoil rework was more than enough to balance guns without making it into having to drag your mouse until it almost falls off your desk every firefight. Hell if it means getting rid of the current uncapped recoil I would much prefer guns to have even lower accuracy.

I understand why this system was added. But I feel like it went a little overboard in what it was trying to accomplish. Instead of increasing the variety of practical weapons it in fact made many that were just barely holding on before completely useless. The tartarus is relatively a stronger weapon than it was before since it was practically untouched by the nerf.
There is literally no reason to use a galil over a sg, mac10, and mp5s which were affected way less by the recoil change. Tmps are pitiful in their current state, galils are only used for events, the ascultone's only redeeming factor was the headshot damage is impossible to headshot anyone with after firing 3 bullets, huges are beyond a joke at this point, the thrakos as by shown above is like trying to fire a bucking bull.
Everyone just spams barnacles and bear traps since they don't trust winning in a firefight even if you get the drop on someone. Rounds are also dragged out longer from this. The only secondaries I see used are deagles, frostburns, and m1911s in that order at least we saw some glocks before.

I truly appreciate what the recoil system was set out to change, but It absolutely in my opinion has changed gameplay to the worse. Instead of people actually having the confidence of trying to win a 1v2 against 2 people who don't know they are traitor the other 20 dead people on the server wait 5 minutes for this to resolve through some guy blindly hitting a barnacle instead of the traitor actually trying their luck/skill so we can all get back to playing again.

TL;DR Recoil is way too high. Add a cap or reduce it overall or something else. Like seriously the recoil is so absurd compared to like any first person shooter that has ever existed.
Find

I personally just think that all guns should get a range damper(except for rifles obviously), and that jumping inaccuracy should be multiplied by what it currently is by 5, and everything else should be removed.

Though, I don't like your comparison to counter strike. In counter strike there is a lot more to it than just pulling down, while on FRG all you have to do is pull down more, and not compensate for side ways recoil.
Find

While the Thrakos is supposed to be one of the highest recoil guns out there and not supposed to used outside of very close encounters I feel like the recoil changes actually killed even it's close range usability unless you're actually aiming down the sight.

Here's a clip from the June 12th on the lobby doing Blancwyrd with a Heroic Galil(also high recoil)

A heroic galil was considered one of the highest DPS weapons for boss encounters because of the high offensive stats, base damage and overall usability. Now it's abysmal to use in most scenarios.

Here's another clip from when the changes were first accidentally implemented and the accuracy/recoil did not reset or go down over time.

Honestly there needs to be some kind of cap on the amount your accuracy and recoil can change in TTT and remove it from the lobby/survive/grims all together
Find