Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reduce or Remove Hunter Rounds

Considering it can happen on every map (i think), hunter rounds happen waaaay too often.
It's honestly not fun at all running around in a dark room with the distance voice thing looking for a single invisible person, especially when that person is perked on a wall spamming hunter beams.

To me, the gamemode just didn't work. It's not fun and I end up dying of boredom (literally, I kill myself because im bored and want to tab out).
Obviously there are probably a few people that like the minigame, and I'm sure those two people would rather the chance be reduced than removed altogether, but feel free to post suggestions to changes or about how much you also dislike these rounds.

- That Thrakos Noob

The gamemode by itself isnt bad. It's just annoying af when people like josh, who got hunter twice in a row, do nothing but delay and spam hunter beams. I'd be fine if there were just a limited amount of beams so they cant just CONSTANTLY spam it.

(07-03-2017, 08:22 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  The gamemode by itself isnt bad. It's just annoying af when people like josh, who got hunter twice in a row, do nothing but delay and spam hunter beams. I'd be fine if there were just a limited amount of beams so they cant just CONSTANTLY spam it.

All you guys are abusing me and im getting bullied.
Find

I think I have a few suggestions for changes that would make it survivable:

Increased cooldown of hunter beam.
Limited uses of hunter beam (determined by the amount of players?)
A length of time / cooldown for wall hanging where it makes you drop once the timer is out. Slow recharge.

In the past hour thanks to our 'favorite' kid joshua we have spent 30 minutes on TWO hunter rounds. People like him, most specifically him, just sit on the walls and spam hunter beams until people are low enough and/or dead. Both rounds of his hunter round it took him 7-8 minutes to get his first kill and the rounds end up taking 15+ minutes each because he will just hide and spam beam from across the map where normal players cannot see due to the fog.

I personally like hunter because it relies on skills such as reaction time but when people like joshua abuse the hunter like this it's entirely unenjoyable and not worth it.
Find

I'm with Unpoke, it really sucks playing the game. I too kill myself just to make it faster and watch a Youtube video, if I'm not the hunter. Being prey is kinda cool idea but it just doesn't seem to work if low levels get it or folks who have no backbone get it either and do nothing. I think a severe reduction of it's rarity to making Spider Queen rare would be cool. Make it into an event, a big deal like said Spider Queen. Maybe make some changes to the gamemode to make it better for both Hunter and prey.

I think they should be removed from the random minigame table, and people should be able to donate for them in the donator shop anytime they want, not limited time like last time they were there. it would be a cool donator perk that everyone could participate in.

As for the hunter beam spam: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5461

One more thing I want to add, I think there should be a level requirement for being a hunter(somewhere around level 5). Half the time a level 1 will join and get selected as the hunter. It usually takes forever for them to do anything, and they usually end up leaving the next round because of it.

i think what tobias said in his previous post would work fine, making the hunter have to loot bodies, and have a max of 5 instead of 10, this way he has to spend more time killing. the rounds should not be removed,they are really fun if you have a active hunter. The chance could maybe be lowered so it on average happens every 2 maps or something. i have a feeling some ppl will say just run into the open so the hunter cant use them, but on somemaps there is no open and its all cramped
Find

IMO it's an awful mini game. Unless you're actually in combat with the hunter it's completely boring. You just sit there and wait for him to come near you. It shouldn't even be spider queen rare, which honestly doesn't even seem to be all that rare. I'd rather just have it removed but even angry's suggestion of once every two maps would be way too much. There's spider queen, dragon round, orbital, and bouncing mayhem. That's plenty of mini games as it is and I think it'd be best if it were removed
Find

how about as a lobby minigame or something, hell maybe like a bossfight thing, like in the hidden, keep the loot about the same or a bit lower. i just dont want to see it removed, and if ppl dont want to do it, they dont have to, if someone wants to do it, just get with like atleast 5 otheres and do it
Find

I think we should replace hunter beams with something I would like to be called Phantoms. When you're hunter you can see the heartbeats of the people trying to kill you and Phantoms are kind of like the Deathbringer ball. It will follow you through walls and it can't be killed and it would do 30 - 40 damage. This would make people panic and rush in different directions which would get them out of groups which I think is a problem during hunter rounds. Overall, I think that hunter rounds just need a rebalancing.
Bouncy Rounds
Find