Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Claiming ~ Specifics?

CLAIMING IS ALLOWED! Claiming is allowed ONLY during overtime. You may claim single rooms and they must not be a crucial part of the map. You MUST claim in text chat AND voice chat IF a microphone is present.
You do not need to state 'open door = kos'. This is implied by the original claim.

That is the rule related to claiming word by word. I have a general idea of what the rule is, but there are a few grey areas I'd like to understand a bit better:

1. If you claim a room, and there's a hallway leading to that room with no door (such as the T tester room in  community pool overhaul), are you allowed to shoot anyone you see down that hallway? To what extent is this allowed? I'm assuming you can't claim the mini-boat on Roy the Ship and start shooting everyone you see.

2. Some people will block off a doorway because of lack of a door with props, and say if you move the props it's kos; Is this allowed?

3. If you claim a room and someone is in that room with you: Do you have to warn them to go? CAN you warn them to get out or kos, or are they allowed to stay? Specifics!

4. Can you claim not closed in spaces (such as one of the towers on the halo map)?

5. Is it considered rdm to kill a detective and/or proven if they go into a claimed area? (Stupid question to ask, I know, but I commonly have whatever weapon out zoomed in to a certain spot, and it helps a lot if I can just free-fire whenever something enters my crosshair, instead of having to identify who it is first.

6. Since open door = kos is implied, if someone opens a door to your claimed area, can you hunt them down later in the map and kill them for it? Even just a few seconds after they do it; Can you walk out of your claimed area to kill them?

7. Can "crucial part of the map" be better defined please? I feel like this is a really iffy definition, because some would consider a T tester room a crucial part of the map. I've heard that any part of the map that leads somewhere can't be claimed, but is this limited to if it's the only way to get there? (Such as on cs_office, can you claim the room to the right of projector room?) I don't know... it's always caused me to hesitate when claiming anything that isn't a solid room with a door.

That's all the bigger questions I have relating to this ~ Thanks for reading, and input is welcome.
Find

1. If you claim a room, and there's a hallway leading to that room with no door (such as the T tester room in community pool overhaul), are you allowed to shoot anyone you see down that hallway? To what extent is this allowed? I'm assuming you can't claim the mini-boat on Roy the Ship and start shooting everyone you see.
You can only claim the room you're standing in. Anything outside of it you can't control.

2. Some people will block off a doorway because of lack of a door with props, and say if you move the props it's kos; Is this allowed?
No. Also door blocking is not allowed.

3. If you claim a room and someone is in that room with you: Do you have to warn them to go? CAN you warn them to get out or kos, or are they allowed to stay? Specifics!
If someone's in a room before you claim it, you can't force them to leave. Once they leave, however, they can't re-enter.

4. Can you claim not closed in spaces (such as one of the towers on the halo map)?
It has to be a room with clear boundaries. There doesn't have to be walls as long as you can tell what they mean easily.

5. Is it considered rdm to kill a detective and/or proven if they go into a claimed area? (Stupid question to ask, I know, but I commonly have whatever weapon out zoomed in to a certain spot, and it helps a lot if I can just free-fire whenever something enters my crosshair, instead of having to identify who it is first.)
Yes to detectives. Provens are still not allowed in claim rooms, however, dets can do whatever they want. I would advise you let in provens though simply because they're proven - why wouldn't you?

6. Since open door = kos is implied, if someone opens a door to your claimed area, can you hunt them down later in the map and kill them for it? Even just a few seconds after they do it; Can you walk out of your claimed area to kill them?
No. I personally don't even think opening the door is KOSable.

7. Can "crucial part of the map" be better defined please? I feel like this is a really iffy definition, because some would consider a T tester room a crucial part of the map. I've heard that any part of the map that leads somewhere can't be claimed, but is this limited to if it's the only way to get there? (Such as on cs_office, can you claim the room to the right of projector room?) I don't know... it's always caused me to hesitate when claiming anything that isn't a solid room with a door.
Unavoidable places such as crossways or hallways that you have to go through to get into another area of the map. It'd be unfair to trap someone in a certain area due to your claim.

- That Thrakos Noob

(05-10-2017, 04:58 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  6. Since open door = kos is implied, if someone opens a door to your claimed area, can you hunt them down later in the map and kill them for it? Even just a few seconds after they do it; Can you walk out of your claimed area to kill them?
No. I personally don't even think opening the door is KOSable.

Well Unpoke. it says so in the rules. Opening the Door to a claim can be considered kosable...kill on sight.
So technically yes. You can. But please, Don't be so...annoying to hunt someone down to kill them because they opened your claimed door. I never usually kill someone for opening the door the first time. I warn them. Then if they do it again. Rip. Its a good thing to warn first. A lot of the time new players don't know a room can be claimed. so if they open a door. or such then get shot down. They won't really want to play anymore. Rip new players for server.
Twistz
Positive (+1): Ill Baja Blast you in bed Kappa. +1.
Find

Our definition of a claimable room is one that has 1 "entrance", be that a door, ladder, window, or any other means to access the room.
The room must not be a central part of the map, it must have a ceiling and walls(the one entrance rule goes hand in hand with this) so you cannot just claim a strip of land and stand there. It obviously must be overtime to claim.

Assuming you have a claim, all other rules apply. Throwing a ton of props in front of the entrance is not prop blocking, prop blocking is considered to be a more deliberate action so physically standing there and blocking someone with a prop. Having a claim reserves you the right to shoot anyone who enters, but that does not mean you have to.

Never under any circumstance shoot the detective while innocent, even if they enter your claim.

If someone opens your door you can shoot them, however if you leave your claim you are technically giving up your claim and with that your reason to shoot them. At least that is how I see it.

The thing about crucial spots in the map pretty much means claim wherever there is the least amount of traffic, so on small maps (like mcdonalds) claiming is basically non-existant
Find

I think you are starting to get a bit to serious about the game razz with all the rule question posts you are making. Remember its a game mate and do not take it so seriously.

(05-10-2017, 08:15 PM)Awesome Wrote:  I think you are starting to get a bit to serious about the game razz with all the rule question posts you are making. Remember its a game mate and do not take it so seriously.

Hadn't really considered that at all. I'll take a step back away from focusing on them as much. It happens sometimes; I forget rules are guidelines, not a set path to follow. Thanks for drawing my attention to it. ^.^
Find