Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't hear c4

Just as the subject says, I cannot hear the c4 sound except when it's first set. I've stood right next to a c4 looking at it, but still not hearing the beeping. I have CS:S installed, so I don't think it's the sound file. Suggestions?
Find

Yeah i'm right there with you, I've sat in front of a c4 and never heard the beep till i turned around and looked at it.

But i don't think there is anything that can be done about it, its a problem with the games c4.

It might just be me, i'm no expert in game mechanics.
Find

Have you ever been able to hear c4? I wouldn't be surprised if that most recent gmod update broke c4 sounds.
Find

I can hear C4 beeping still. So it has to be client side.
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

(04-26-2017, 11:15 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Have you ever been able to hear c4? I wouldn't be surprised if that most recent gmod update broke c4 sounds.

I have in the past, when I played TTT a year or two ago, but since joining FRG and other TTT servers, no.
Find

Double check your gmod folder for any download files. You may have to clear your addons and downloads out to force re-download content in server that could be affecting the C4 some how.

We havent touched C4's sounds afaik only jihad sounds. So that SHOULDNT be causing issues. Only thing i could say is unmount CSS, restart game, remount css, restart, and try again.
Vanished from life
Find

(04-29-2017, 12:29 PM)FoxSasha Wrote:  Double check your gmod folder for any download files. You may have to clear your addons and downloads out to force re-download content in server that could be affecting the C4 some how.

We havent touched C4's sounds afaik only jihad sounds. So that SHOULDNT be causing issues. Only thing i could say is unmount CSS, restart game, remount css, restart, and try again.
I shall try this ~ Thanks
Find