Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sasktel sucks.

So, I used to port forward a few things and I played some games due to it, like Grim Dawn with friends and stuff, but a while back Sasktel, my ISP, came out with their new modem/router/thing, the PACE-5168N. After months of trying and failing to port forward anything, I finally got access to a PROPER support technician who was NOT a turban-wearing Indian and fully capable of human level intelligence, and I learned that these new routers AUTOMATICALLY TIME OUT CONNECTIONS, hence screwing over any port forwarding.

I was offered two (TWO) options:

1) Enable DMZPlus mode, basically meaning no firewall and letting all incoming/outgoing connections through (Basically, DON'T DO THIS), or

2) Downgrade to the OLD router just to port forward.

I cannot believe how bullheaded and stupid this ISP is. I went through hoops of fire and this is my fifth or SIXTH time phoning them and trying to get this fixed. The girl on the end of the line was smart as hell, and even wanted to give me tips for how to port forward and get steam games/vent servers and stuff online.

On Monday a technician should be coming down, but I want to warn all of you: If you somehow move to Saskatchewan, RUN AWAY REALLY FAST. THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE. THE INTERNET SUCKS, THE SERVICE SUCKS, THE PEOPLE SUCK. I'm heading to America as soon as possible, because, frankly, FUCK Canada.

I spent months thinking "Okay, what is happening I AM NOT THIS RETARDED I CAN PORT FORWARD WHAT IS WRONG", only to learn its not fucking supported somehow. I don't even get it. I'm so mad.

Now, the old routers are from what I recall SHITTY, and I can't use any non-Sasktel routers, so I basically have to enjoy a shitty downgrade to do what I want to do, or suck it up with the """"""""NEW"""""""" router.

Kill me.
Thank you for reading my RAGE-FUELED rant. Here's a bunch of pictures of birbs.

Find

tl;dr
Find

(11-04-2016, 09:08 PM)tobooasxz Wrote:  tl;dr

His new router doesn't let him portforward or something along those lines
Find

This thread is mostly about birb pics. Post birbs. Rare birbs, common birbs, all birbs allowed and welcomed/loved.
Find

I am ded birb.
Find

That is pretty stupid. There can be another solution though, not sure if your current router is one of those router/modem things. You can get a new router (NOT a modem combo, can get a pretty cheap 'meh' one), hook that up to your main one and put it in the DMZ(it will have an assigned internal IP just like anything else that connects). Then you can portforward directly with that new router, allowing the new router to handle all the security of it.

Someone recommended me that, Brass, but I didn't totally understand it. I guess if the two best techies I know recommend that, it sounds pretty solid. I'll probably look into that now, because I really don't want an outdated router.
Find