Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patchnotes 11/2/2016

Make it so you go through zombies, but every zombie in the immediate (extremely close/hitting radius) lowers your movement speed by more and more. Starting at -20% or something?

ehiunno.
Find

Yeah, new collision is awful, everyone in my party constantly got stuck in fast zombies resulting in a rather unfair death.
Find

(11-02-2016, 08:40 PM)Bradley Wrote:  Yeah, new collision is awful, everyone in my party constantly got stuck in fast zombies resulting in a rather unfair death.

atleast make it so a limit can spawn, like having 30 zombies gang up on u from one stray behind you makes it impossible, or make them deal less damage, like 5 dmg per hit or something
Find

New update made it so that we only had one life in our run. I dunno.
Find

Brassx
Yea I forgot to mention1 life in the patchnotes. It was always supposed to be 1 life, but I made it two at the launch just incase of bugs and to help let people figure things out quicker
Find

(11-02-2016, 10:53 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Expect more changes through out the day. I am currently working on some new mechanics for Survive, and a handy new Inventory feature.

Oh this sounds fun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Find

(11-02-2016, 08:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Getting stuck on them is pretty difficult to fix. I've everything I can think of to try and fix it, I can not do so without completely breaking the bullet hit detection.

We all know this happened when that GMOD update launched that completely fucked over nextbot collisions. You would get insta-stuck in  rats in Grim's Labyrinth. It was painful, the only way I have found to fix it is to disable collisions all together, but then that makes things too easy. I have the collision bounds as small as possible without completely destroying the hitreg (the collision bounds should try and cover most of the model, any part of the model sticking outside of this box can not be shot, but if the bounds is too big you will get insta-stuck inside the bot. Too small and no shots will hit)

Would much, much, much rather just being able to run through them then getting stuck on them like this, charples keep teleporting into ya, and now the fast zombies are nearly impossible, it's insane, we had a group that was pretty deacent and we got our asses handed to us on round 14 because we would jsut barely bumpb a fast one and get stuck long enough to have the rest just melt us before we could even kill the one we were stuck in, round 7 was hard enough, lost a few people but barely made it, 14 was just dumb..
Find

(11-02-2016, 11:51 PM)Kili Wrote:  
(11-02-2016, 08:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Getting stuck on them is pretty difficult to fix. I've everything I can think of to try and fix it, I can not do so without completely breaking the bullet hit detection.

We all know this happened when that GMOD update launched that completely fucked over nextbot collisions. You would get insta-stuck in  rats in Grim's Labyrinth. It was painful, the only way I have found to fix it is to disable collisions all together, but then that makes things too easy. I have the collision bounds as small as possible without completely destroying the hitreg (the collision bounds should try and cover most of the model, any part of the model sticking outside of this box can not be shot, but if the bounds is too big you will get insta-stuck inside the bot. Too small and no shots will hit)

Would much, much, much rather just being able to run through them then getting stuck on them like this, charples keep teleporting into ya, and now the fast zombies are nearly impossible, it's insane, we had a group that was pretty deacent and we got our asses handed to us on round 14 because we would jsut barely bumpb a fast one and get stuck long enough to have the rest just melt us before we could even kill the one we were stuck in, round 7 was hard enough, lost a few people but barely made it, 14 was just dumb..

Literally this.

One fast zombie would run behind us, while we were training about 30, get us stuck, and then the ones we were training would instantly run up to us and do 500 damage.

It's really stupid now, and makes me not even want to do it anymore.
Find

I just pushed a change that should make fast zombie collisions better. Someone let me know how it goes!
Find

(11-03-2016, 01:13 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I just pushed a change that should make fast zombie collisions better. Someone let me know how it goes!

Woulda let you know if my team had made it to round 14 :|
Find