Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Clearing up some misconceptions. (Handling your own reports as +mem or staff)

I have noticed lately, some people seem a little confused on whether or not +members, or moderators+ should handle their own RDM reports.

The answer is: Not usually.

There are special circumstances where you can handle your own reports, these are listed as follows:
  • When you are the only authorized rank to handle them on the server.
  • When you have direct permission from a higher ranking staff member to handle that specific report.
  • You were reported by someone, and you favor in their side(meaning you punish yourself).

Any other circumstances you should leave the report open for another +member or higher to take care of, this helps avoid any personal biases that may occur, whether consciously or unconsciously. It's best to avoid handling your own reports as much as you can(if you don't forgive the person or they don't forgive you).

I think if you know what you did was wrong you should just slay yourself..... I don't think you should need permission
Find

(09-21-2016, 01:10 AM)Aresuft Wrote:  I think if you know what you did was wrong you should just slay yourself..... I don't think you should need permission

I added "You were reported by someone, and you favor in their side(meaning you punish yourself)." just before I saw your comment.
Find

What if there's a map change but you reported someone and no one else saw it, do you just not handle it and let it go?
Find

(09-21-2016, 02:32 AM)Kcat Wrote:  What if there's a map change but you reported someone and no one else saw it, do you just not handle it and let it go?

i usually just report them again

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(09-21-2016, 02:32 AM)Kcat Wrote:  What if there's a map change but you reported someone and no one else saw it, do you just not handle it and let it go?

I believe you can see last round reports. I think. Dont quote me. And if not yea just report them next map like unpoke said
Find