Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

send aid please

My setup is kind of like yours, slightly better.

I've noticed that the same thing happens for me, especially with a large amount of people on
Find

(09-11-2016, 05:48 PM)Matlas Wrote:  
(09-11-2016, 05:14 PM)hockeyfn Wrote:  Your internet wouldn't effect your fps, so it's definitely not your internet.

Ech, you're right. I'm bad at wording things, I know my PC needs better cooling but I don't think my cpu heating up to about 30c is gunna cause any major issues, shit my gpu doesn't even go above 30c on Gmod for the most part.
It COULD be cooling, but I'd rather adress other issues it could be before I have to spend more moola.

30c? My gpu is at 80c a lot for most new games and I have a GTX 770, my cpu has gone up to 85c+ and it's an i7-4970k. Garry's Mod is a horribly optimized game, sometimes you'd be glad to get 60+ fps. I usually get 120+ at most places and sometimes dips down to 60. Hell, my gpu temp on gmod idle is 52c.

Do you have Windows Aero extensions disabled? V-sync? I have both disabled as well as of antialiasing, everything is on high, trilinear filtering mode, no HDR or motion blur.
Find

(09-12-2016, 12:42 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  
(09-11-2016, 05:48 PM)Matlas Wrote:  
(09-11-2016, 05:14 PM)hockeyfn Wrote:  Your internet wouldn't effect your fps, so it's definitely not your internet.

Ech, you're right. I'm bad at wording things, I know my PC needs better cooling but I don't think my cpu heating up to about 30c is gunna cause any major issues, shit my gpu doesn't even go above 30c on Gmod for the most part.
It COULD be cooling, but I'd rather adress other issues it could be before I have to spend more moola.

30c? My gpu is at 80c a lot for most new games and I have a GTX 770, my cpu has gone up to 85c+ and it's an i7-4970k. Garry's Mod is a horribly optimized game, sometimes you'd be glad to get 60+ fps. I usually get 120+ at most places and sometimes dips down to 60. Hell, my gpu temp on gmod idle is 52c.

Do you have Windows Aero extensions disabled? V-sync? I have both disabled as well as of antialiasing, everything is on high, trilinear filtering mode, no HDR or motion blur.

I'm gunna disable Aero, dunno what it does.

Find

(09-12-2016, 12:28 AM)Kuro Wrote:  My setup is kind of like yours, slightly better.

I've noticed that the same thing happens for me, especially with a large amount of people on

YES! I noticed that with Firefox open and one or two tabs and whatever, nothing major in the background, my cpu is hitting 73c at IDLE? THAT is strange. Maybe net_graph will show me something, it definitely goes to shit once we have 13+ people on there though. I bet you it's my cpu not getting near enough cooling.

Also BUMP BUMP

Edit : That was a bad number that was given, it's hitting about 60-68 at max and 45 at the min.

Find

Have you tried cleaning your computer out and reapplying your thermal paste?

also xD it's shitposting

This is now a spider man thread [insert spiderman picture here]
Find

(09-13-2016, 11:21 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  Have you tried cleaning your computer out and reapplying your thermal paste?

also xD it's shitposting

This is now a spider man thread [insert spiderman picture here]

>starting a spiderman thread without posting a spiderman picture.

shame.
Find