Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cpu Problems

Basically my cpu has been much hotter and fans much louder than they were about 4 months ago, not sure the exact reason, it's so bad to the point i pretty much cant play any games other than hearthstone without it sounding like a jet engine. Wondering if anyone would know the reasoning. I've tried cleaning it multiple times but the sound and heat stays the same, also it's probably not important, but this started happening whenever i was playing mgsv and progressively has gotten worse. Also would like to note, this problem started happening when i went from windows 7 to 10. Not sure if anything to do with it but maybe.

Specs:
MOBO: A960D+
CPU: AMD FX 4350 Quad-Core Processor
GPU: MSI R9 290x
Power Supply: 750w

P.S. I know my graphics card is hella bottle necked, got it for extremly cheap from a friend, so thats why i even have it, also stock fans on everything, and fans on my case, plus its very cold in my room because i live in a basement like a crust bucket.
Find

Mine started being louder and just acting odd when the thermal paste got fucked up. It probably ran hotter too but I just had to reapply it and that fixed it right up. Idk tho, I'm no expert but I try to help
Find

Probably time to redo your Thermal paste on it. Get you some and clean it all out really good, then take the fan off and remount it with some new thermal paste. This should help it drop a few degrees. Also double check your drivers are fully up to date, or windows 10 will take more resources constantly trying to pull the extra weight causing CPU and Ram spikes in the NTKernal

Edit: If that doesnt help, goto newegg or something and get you a few extra fans or swap all of them out for some higher airflow ones.
Vanished from life
Find

(09-05-2016, 04:06 AM)FoxSasha Wrote:  Probably time to redo your Thermal paste on it. Get you some and clean it all out really good, then take the fan off and remount it with some new thermal paste. This should help it drop a few degrees. Also double check your drivers are fully up to date, or windows 10 will take more resources constantly trying to pull the extra weight causing CPU and Ram spikes in the NTKernal

Edit: If that doesnt help, goto newegg or something and get you a few extra fans or swap all of them out for some higher airflow ones.

Ill try that, but i read from alot of places and most of my friends told me that thermal paste is not the problem. Guess ill give it a try anyway.
Find

I had a similar problem, I put a hole in my case and moved my desk fan onto it, problem solved
Find

-1 Got dick stuck in fan.
Find