Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A "Smart" Karma System

The TTT karma system is ok at times, but most of the time it's pretty flawed. A good example of this is if you kill someone for killing an innocent, you can go down from 1000 karma to 800~ for just playing the game. Then it can take up to 10 rounds of playing to get that karma back.

It's a pretty stupid system.

What I suggest is a "smart" karma system. What I mean by smart is: Lets say someone shoots an innocent, for 5 seconds, anyone that shoots/kills the person that shot said innocent, will NOT lose any karma for shooting/killing the person who first damaged the innocent..

I know this system can also be flawed, but it's better than losing karma due to a situation that wasn't your fault.

What do you guys think?

All my yes But dread does make a really good point.
Find

You get 30 karma per round if you don't do anything bad how would it take 10
not really needed tbh also i think if u kill traitors you get karma back up quicker
Find

why don't we just remove the karma system? Because there is kinda no point it in unless staff is nowhere to be found and most likely the rdmers get banned by staff and never the karma system. The only people I ever seen get karma banned is chosen,bez, and jerome and not even one random. Also constant rdm gets you banned by staff anyways so I don't really see a point to it.Or take out the part that makes you do less damg when you have lower karma.
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
Find

Never had a problem with karma. In my opinion, the karma loss for killing innocents no matter what is good. It prevents stupidity. E.g. if someone sees an innocent kill another innocent in crossfire or accidentally you actually have a reason not to instantly kill them. I'm pretty sure that 75% of the time, people use the excuse "you killed an innocent so now i can kill you" just so that they can kill someone without getting in trouble, even if they have a strong feeling the other person is innocent.

Bottom line, don't play like a retard and it's unlikely you will ever go under 850 karma.

(09-02-2016, 09:54 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  Never had a problem with karma. In my opinion, the karma loss for killing innocents no matter what is good. It prevents stupidity. E.g. if someone sees an innocent kill another innocent in crossfire or accidentally you actually have a reason not to instantly kill them. I'm pretty sure that 75% of the time, people use the excuse "you killed an innocent so now i can kill you" just so that they can kill someone without getting in trouble, even if they have a strong feeling the other person is innocent.

Bottom line, don't play like a retard and it's unlikely you will ever go under 850 karma.

Dread. If you can't ayy like a retard why are you here. Smile jk <3. But I do think the karma system is stupid.
Find

My karma bans are all karma baited. But it takes me a long time to get karma back even when i dont do anything.
SG Fucking Overlord

Karma is in place as a mini admin system. If someone is on with no staff.. and there rdming it reduces damage to sort of punish and keep them in check.

You can balance it out to your likings as far as i remember in ttt's settings server side, but The increase killing a T increases karma idea is bad, because if someone is Rdming then they get around the karma system doing such.

It can be harsh at times, but I agree with tobias if we can make it to where the rdm trains can be detected somehow itll lower the karam drop due to it.
Vanished from life
Find

I mean, it'd be nice. But karma doesn't really effect me unless it gets to the point where 7 UMP Headshots are required to bring someone to near death.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(09-03-2016, 01:22 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  I mean, it'd be nice. But karma doesn't really effect me unless it gets to the point where 7 UMP Headshots are required to bring someone to near death.

So it always effects you?