Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Railgun Idea

(07-24-2016, 07:43 AM)Terran Wrote:  Shotguns are stupid and the vanilla TTT ones are so brokenly overpowered that it isn't funny. They're still one-hit kill up-close death machines on FRG; feel free to laugh chaotically as you use a Heroic Shotgun and do 110 damage on body shots to people. Plus, they have REALLY good suffix and trait chances, so that adds a lot of balance to them. They're one of the ultimate close-range weapons, similar to the Mac10 or, to a lesser extent, the SG. They're not really bad. They're not even bad at all. I can't use shotguns for shit yet I've had plenty of good uses with them.

Also, Tarra, since you have so much free time, feel free to exercise your better ideas and tell us what kinds of cool suffixes the Tartarus/Ascultone/etc should have! Suggestions are important!

But, to the main post and arguably far more important one (Default's), the Railgun isn't rare enough as it is to warrant anything extra-special. It already has a unique firing mechanism and really cool look, plus utilities beyond what you'd realize. It'd be more interesting to have an M16 or Rifle that transforms into a Shotgun or something.

They are weaker than all the other guns, because they aren't consistent. You have to be practically inside the person, not moving fast enough to trigger the weird extra spread and then hit all pellets (assuming body shot as you said). I wouldn't even try to go with headshots with the frg shotgun, because of how the spread works once you reach a certain movement speed. And for those reasons I feel like It's a safer bet to be close range with a rifle than a shotgun.

Secondly I'm not complaining about some guns sharing the same suffix. But if half the godlikes have the same suffix is it really unique?

You made good points with it not being a railgun per see though.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Another Railgun Idea - D3F4ULT - 07-24-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Mr.Tarrasque - 07-24-2016, 07:22 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Terran - 07-24-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Mr.Tarrasque - 07-24-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Terran - 07-24-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Unpoke - 07-24-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Kcat - 07-24-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Brassx - 07-24-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Bezerker - 07-24-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Paladin - 07-24-2016, 06:36 PM