Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buff Morgoth drops

Basically me and Enchantable decided to test out and see how bad the drops are from Morgoth, I know he has the very slim chance to drop a godlike, but it's such a small chance its not really worth it. So lets get into why I think the drops are bad. I'm going to list the drops from 1 run of fighting Morgoth (which gives a 3 day cool down) and then Im going to list the drops from doing 3 loot runs (each loot run is one day cooldown).

Loot run #1

hockeyfn-----------Enchantable
183 coins------------------561 coins
2 item crates--------------1 item crate
1 crate of the damned----lightweight famas

Loot run #2
62 coins-------------------48 coins
4 item crates-------------3 crates of the damned
1 crate of the damned---1 item crates

Loot run #3
259 coins-----------------214 coins
1 item crate--------------1 item crate
2 crates of the damned--lightweight famas
----------------------------Demon Horns

Drops from winning against Morgoth
435 coins-----------------344 coins
1 item crate--------------Flamboyant Famas
Heartless huge-----------Traitor round
Sorrowful huge----------2 item crates
Sorrowful rifle-----------1 crate of the damned
Heartless deagle---------lightweight m16

Total Drops from all 3 loot runs
504 coins-----------------823 coins
7 item crates-------------2 item crates
4 crates of the damned--3 crates of the damned
---------------------------Demon Horns
---------------------------Lightweight Famas

As you can probably tell, doing the final boss of the event is almost never worth it, most of the time you end up getting 3 unlikely's and maybe some coins or a crate (which you couldve gotten more of if you just did loot runs). This is why I think Morgoth's drops need to be changed. I see two ways you can change it to make winning more worth it. You could either make the drops be better and give more drops (ex like 5 or 6 instead of 3 or 4). Or you could make the penalty for winning shorter, I personally think giving somebody a penalty for winning is kind of dumb, but I understand it is needed for balance purposes, so you could probably make the cooldown for winning 2 days instead of 3, making it slightly better to do.

I'm open to criticism on this, me and a lot of other people think that the drops on Morgoth are not good enough to justify winning because you could get more than double the loot from just doing loot runs instead of killing Morgoth.

P.S. sorry if you have OCD and this looks like shit, I tryed making it look better but since spaces dont work on forums i had to use - to space things out.

All I've gotten from him is total shit, but who cares? Its not supposed to be op. A lot of deathbringers have dropped. Just make it so he 100% drops either Rare+ or a crate for each of the 3 rolls, plus gives a small coin drop. (Like 100 to 1k)

(07-20-2016, 12:39 AM)Terran Wrote:  All I've gotten from him is total shit, but who cares? Its not supposed to be op. A lot of deathbringers have dropped. Just make it so he 100% drops either Rare+ or a crate for each of the 3 rolls, plus gives a small coin drop. (Like 100 to 1k)

true but it makes no sense how worm queen gives better drops and has a 24 hr cd but morgoth has 3 day and gives much, much worse loot...
Find

Its pure RNG. The worm has given me nothing but complete garbage too. I got an unlikely and a tier 2 key when I beat it. Brass might want to update the drop table though, we'll have to see.
Find

I know I've sometimes not acted this way but in the end it's free loot. There's always a chance of getting something bad and something good as terran stated above. I dont think the drops need a buff
Find

My biggest issue with the drops is the fact that beating him is not worth the extra two day cooldown

No matter how you look at it, even if you factor in the potential deathbringers you still make more profit by doing a loot run every single day and it's so much more consistent.

The event needs to be rebalanced.

+1
love getting two keif daddy famases and a glock a doodle doo
from the boss
Find