Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Which solution would you prefer?
Solution 1
Solution 2
Solution 3
None of the above(post your own solution)
There isn't a real problem
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crouch jumping/jump spam.

I know this is a pretty annoying issue in GMOD, mainly because the way GMOD handles crouching is pretty stupid and just messes things up.

So here we may decide if something is done on my end to help combat the issue, and make it less rewarding to do these strategies, vote on a solution or post your own idea.

I'm not much of a fan of any of these solutions, but they seem to be the only things I can really do about it.
Find

#1: People will complain a lot, plus I agree, it really isn't a part of Gmod to limit jumping like that. It would be annoying, -BUT- if there was nothing else, I WOULD gladly take it.

#2: Very possible. There's no need to spam jumping for any real reason, people aren't rabbits. This, in combination with #3, would be amazing.

#3: If this was combined with #2, I would -love- that. I'm sick of crouch jumpers. However, just having this one would be fine, too. That means people can't rapidly jump around and spray deagle shots to get kills, which is total cancer. BUT it would NOT stop the crouch jumping bunny-hopper plague. I saw a Traitor who had to reload his bellum, so he started pancaking to the ground and gained ridiculous velocity while reloading the bellum, so much that he seemingly out-ran a lightweight. He exploited simply to reload without dying.

I think idea #3 isnt the best, it would make the dropshot quest harder, and make it harder for people who like to try to grapple around or jump off high obstacles,  to actually hit those shots if they were dead center on the target

EDIT: Or just have the weapon accuracy lower consecutivly with each rapid jump
Find

Tbh, I dont like it when my Accurracy is dropping when jumping, its logical but I personally dont like it due to the fact it would have everyone complaining and be butt hurt lots by it.

Thats why I chose option 2, makes a bit more sense imo
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

I would really enjoy if we had solutions 2 and 3 added in, like terran said.

But if only one is an option, 3 would probably be the best.
Find

Jumping/Crouch Jumping is necessary to the game for navigation

The problem I see with it comes from people abusing the height that you get from crouch jumping to force people to miss their shots.

I don't see a problem for jumping, it's not nearly as aids.

But when people crouch jump lower their accuracy, and force their weapons to re-deploy when they touch the floor?

Just a thought.
Find

I disagree with solution 3. People (enchantable) would still bhop to get away from any firefight and you can't dropshot as easy then. Solution 1 would work the best. THere is no reason to constantly jump around except to get over obstacles.

"There isn't a real problem"
EmperorWhale, PS42WW$, Unpoke 3 13.04%
No offense, guys, but 2/3 of you don't play...

Make it so only charple can crouch jump

(07-16-2016, 03:58 AM)Terran Wrote:  "There isn't a real problem"
EmperorWhale, PS42WW$, Unpoke 3 13.04%
No offense, guys, but 2/3 of you don't play...
>> irrelevant charts <<

i mean i have 990 hours i think my opinions semi-valid

- That Thrakos Noob
Find