Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm 100% sure this doesn't go here, but

I didn't know where else to put it. I ID'd an un id'd body and Gmod instantly closed with this error message?

Find

This happened to me as well yesterday:

Find

I crashed also
giving me the same message
Twistz
Positive (+1): Ill Baja Blast you in bed Kappa. +1.
Find

If I remember correctly, this is a server-side issue, it's happened in the past but Garry patched it away and I guess it's back.

[EDIT]: I'm pretty sure it's about having too many indices (materials, sprites, etc) on screen. I'm pretty certain only Brass can fix this on this side of the issue, unless I'm 150% wrong.
Find

this happened to me just now
Find

According to what eclipse told me, it is when too many materials/sprites are being drawn on the screen.

maybe this is an issue with the model streaming/material streaming?
Find

(06-15-2016, 08:05 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  According to what eclipse told me, it is when too many materials/sprites are being drawn on the screen.

That is 100% client side. The server has NOTHING to do with any of that. So EVERYONE crashing at once when a body is id'd doesn't really make much sense from that perspective.

As far as I know, this can also be caused by decals leaking out of the map, such as bullet holes, blood, etc, aswell as buggy ragdolls/player models. But this likely isn't really anything related to the coinshop, material streaming, or model streaming as again, these are 100% client sided, and do not even attempt to be downloaded/displayed if a user has the coinshop disabled. Which I'm sure some do.

Which map was it on? It could be a map issue as well.
Find

(06-15-2016, 09:33 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Which map was it on? It could be a map issue as well.

FRG Street v2_2
Find

Yeah, the one that Beaver made with Pepper
Find

(06-15-2016, 09:33 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(06-15-2016, 08:05 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  According to what eclipse told me, it is when too many materials/sprites are being drawn on the screen.

That is 100% client side. The server has NOTHING to do with any of that. So EVERYONE crashing at once when a body is id'd doesn't really make much sense from that perspective.

As far as I know, this can also be caused by decals leaking out of the map, such as bullet holes, blood, etc, aswell as buggy ragdolls/player models. But this likely isn't really anything related to the coinshop, material streaming, or model streaming as again, these are 100% client sided, and do not even attempt to be downloaded/displayed if a user has the coinshop disabled. Which I'm sure some do.

Which map was it on? It could be a map issue as well.

It happened on italy for me yesterday
Find