Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Biased Reports

Staff simply shouldn't be able to slay the same person they are reporting.
It's too biased and no matter how just the cause of said incident was, if the staff member is heated and pissed, it's going to end with the person being slayed.

EXAMPLE:
Let's say Terran A (an innocent) is behind Terran B and sees Terran B (Member+) pull an AWP out. Terran A know that Terran B isn't proven, and no Traitors have died yet. Terran A kills Terran B. Terran B is pissed and reports Terran A. Terran A replies in the report that he saw Terran B pull an AWP out. Terran B is still pissed and keeps the report up AND slays Terran A for "rdm." This is a biased situation.
Umpty Dumpty

They aren't supposed to do this in the first place unless there are no other staff members on...
Find

(06-02-2016, 03:24 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  They aren't supposed to do this in the first place unless there are no other staff members on...

I've seen it done with a full server on, and they didn't seem to notice/care.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Report those staff members. It's not allowed to handle your own report unless you're alone, and even in that situation, it's always best to show leniency to avoid these kinda conflicts.

- That Thrakos Noob

I feel like the B in Terran B should stand for Banned. Lets Ban Terran? I feel like that's what you're getting at here. Also yeah I agree with this since yesterday we had a few issues with someone doing their reports so yeah, spread the word.

(06-02-2016, 04:18 PM)Chosen Wrote:  I feel like the B in Terran B should stand for Banned. Lets Ban Terran? I feel like that's what you're getting at here. Also yeah I agree with this since yesterday we had a few issues with someone doing their reports so yeah, spread the word.

Tell me who, so I can denote them-Brassx. (Please do this Brassx)
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

I've been told to leave reports against me to another staff member (or a +member), and I agree fully with that.

It isn't really necessary because I slay myself when I am in the wrong, or I explain why their report isn't valid and it's more times than not the report is cancelled. I know the rules as well as I should given my rank.

My personal philosophy is that staff members should look at things objectively from the standpoint of the rules, if they can't do that they should not be staff and should not have that power.

That being said I think that staff should handle their own reports. We are meant to enforce the rules. In fact I don't think we are even required to report somebody to slay them.

I personally usually never slay when I'm rdmed, and when I make reports on someone I use that to explain they are breaking rules/ what they did wrong.

If any +member or staff have slain you for a reason you think is unjust, report them. If not on the forums, report them to another staff member.

It won't reverse the slay but it will set them straight.
Find