Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should talking about politics be allowed?
Yes, there is nothing wrong with it
No, it should be an automatic warning, then gag for a set time.
Different opinion(post your view)
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Talking of Politics Poll

If we were in a server that was mature enough to not make shit personal, then maybe politics would be able to be a conversation topic.
Please don't forget, we're a server of close-minded teens who take opinions personally.

I'd like to remind you all that this is what initiated the whole "Nuggie and Tobias" drama. Tobias, in a topic about politics, openly proclaimed his support of Trump. In response, he was flamed, hated on, and called racist as well as various other names. People literally chose to dislike him because of his political beliefs.

Certain people are too immature to handle real world debates and understand the viewpoints of others. This is the internet, it can't be helped. People talking about politics is basically asking for it to get out of hand. You can't convince me it can be handled or there will ever be a "happy medium" that will stay consistent.

On another point (a less strong one), there's a lot of non-Americans on this server. Frankly, they don't give a shit about our politics and don't want to hear it. It's a major turn-off to new foreign players or younger players to have to sit quietly because they can't get a word in over someone's rant on their beliefs.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(05-03-2016, 01:25 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  If we were in a server that was mature enough to not make shit personal, then maybe politics would be able to be a conversation topic.
Please don't forget, we're a server of close-minded teens who take opinions personally.

I'd like to remind you all that this is what initiated the whole "Nuggie and Tobias" drama. Tobias, in a topic about politics, openly proclaimed his support of Trump. In response, he was flamed, hated on, and called racist as well as various other names. People literally chose to dislike him because of his political beliefs.

Certain people are too immature to handle real world debates and understand the viewpoints of others. This is the internet, it can't be helped. People talking about politics is basically asking for it to get out of hand. You can't convince me it can be handled or there will ever be a "happy medium" that will stay consistent.

On another point (a less strong one), there's a lot of non-Americans on this server. Frankly, they don't give a shit about our politics and don't want to hear it. It's a major turn-off to new foreign players or younger players to have to sit quietly because they can't get a word in over someone's rant on their beliefs.

Tbh most of the people even talking about politics ARENT EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO VOTE *cough cough* OR ARE CANADIAN

Honestly it doesn't need a shoot on sight policy but it should just be told not to talk about like mid game trading
Find

(05-03-2016, 02:43 AM)Furesh Wrote:  
(05-03-2016, 01:25 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  If we were in a server that was mature enough to not make shit personal, then maybe politics would be able to be a conversation topic.

Tbh most of the people even talking about politics ARENT EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO VOTE *cough cough* OR ARE CANADIAN

Honestly it doesn't need a shoot on sight policy but it should just be told not to talk about like mid game trading

Yes it is the internet and we all are allowed to have our own opinions, but arguing over your opinion makes you look horrible and people don't want to hear it.

I'm 23 and I don't honestly care for whose opinion on who, you vote for who you want.

Just keep it to yourself and shit should be fine, no need to force your views on others.
Find

Honestly, I just hate politics as a whole. It's not just the subject of politics but what people make it into.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example conversation:
Guy 1: Trump would make the best president!
Guy 2: No! Trump is garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid! Cruz is way better!
Guy 1: You're an idiot if you think that!
Guy 3: You're both idiots! #feelthebern
Politics does nothing but create conflict. People have different opinions and they argue over who's right. If you want to talk about politics, go for it! But do it in a private chat, not on a public server.

(05-03-2016, 02:54 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Honestly, I just hate politics as a whole. It's not just the subject of politics but what people make it into.  
Example conversation:
Guy 2: No! Trump is garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid! Cruz is way better!
Politics does nothing but create conflict. People have different opinions and they argue over who's right. If you want to talk about politics, go for it! But do it in a private chat, not on a public server.

Guy 1: Vanilla would make the best ice cream!
Guy 2: No! Vanilla is garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid! Chocolate is way better!
Guy 3: You're both idiots! #feeltheRockyRoad

You can do this with any subject. It's not just politics, discussing politics should not devolve into personal attacks and neither should a discussion of creamy confections.

People can be vocal about any subject, but if in any single discussion it devolves to insults they should be punished.

If we ban politics then we should flat out ban any non-server related discussion.

(05-03-2016, 03:23 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(05-03-2016, 02:54 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Honestly, I just hate politics as a whole. It's not just the subject of politics but what people make it into.  
Example conversation:

Guy 1: Vanilla would make the best ice cream!
Guy 2: No! Vanilla is garbage and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid! Chocolate is way better!
Guy 3: You're both idiots! #feeltheRockyRoad

You can do this with any subject. It's not just politics, discussing politics should not devolve into personal attacks and neither should a discussion of creamy confections.

People can be vocal about any subject, but if in any single discussion it devolves to insults they should be punished.

If we ban politics then we should flat out ban any non-server related discussion.
I mean,  I guess I can see where you're coming from... but people get really heated when it comes to specifically politics. In the example you used with ice cream,  who in their right mind is going to have a heated argument about Ice cream.
People tend to always get personal when it comes to politics. Unless they agree on the exact same things completely, it usually always ends in arguments.
Find

(05-03-2016, 03:38 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  I mean,  I guess I can see where you're coming from... but people get really heated when it comes to specifically politics. In the example you used with ice cream,  who in their right mind is going to have a heated argument about Ice cream.
People tend to always get personal when it comes to politics. Unless they agree on the exact same things completely,  it usually always ends in arguments.

There is a vocal minority for everything on the internet. You can get into discussions about anything, even asking people about their day is a discussion in its own. Every other time someone has gotten too involved in a discussion and caused problems they are dealt with the regular way, not banning what they talked about.

The issue is not the discussion of politics, it's the people causing the problems.

Ban EagleDestroyer, not politics.

(05-03-2016, 03:56 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(05-03-2016, 03:38 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  I mean,  I guess I can see where you're coming from... but people get really heated when it comes to specifically politics. In the example you used with ice cream,  who in their right mind is going to have a heated argument about Ice cream.
People tend to always get personal when it comes to politics. Unless they agree on the exact same things completely,  it usually always ends in arguments.

There is a vocal minority for everything on the internet. You can get into discussions about anything, even asking people about their day is a discussion in its own. Every other time someone has gotten too involved in a discussion and caused problems they are dealt with the regular way, not banning what they talked about.

The issue is not the discussion of politics, it's the people causing the problems.

Ban EagleDestroyer, not politics.

Alright alright, I'm not going any further with this. Opinions, people have them.
True that on the EagleDestroyer ban though
Find

I do find it extremely ironic that most of the kids arguing about politics, literally can't vote. It's these kids that are at the age where they may be in the "I know everything about everything and I'm never wrong" phase(some people never out grow this). So anything they have a strong opinion on could cause the same problems.

I would prefer to keep all debates off of the server, not just political ones. However, just talking about it shouldn't really matter. Just keep in mind that if you are 'bashing' on something(say a politician), it could offend someone who likes the said something(or who supports the said politician).

Best thing to do is to 'agree to disagree' in those situations. People are allowed to have different opinions.

(05-03-2016, 12:04 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I do find it extremely ironic that most of the kids arguing about politics, literally can't vote. It's these kids that are at the age where they may be in the "I know everything about everything and I'm never wrong" phase(some people never out grow this). So anything they have a strong opinion on could cause the same problems.

I would prefer to keep all debates off of the server, not just political ones. However, just talking about it shouldn't really matter. Just keep in mind that if you are 'bashing' on something(say a politician), it could offend someone who likes the said something(or who supports the said politician).

Best thing to do is to 'agree to disagree' in those situations. People are allowed to have different opinions.
I am in that Phase, but I truly hate talking about politics, what is the point talking trash about something you basically can control.
I say just Mute/Gag them. It if starts to get out of hand/control.
SG Fucking Overlord
Find