Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gmod Glitches

I finally decided to ask for help through the forums for my problem.
As some might have noticed, I havent been playing Gmod hardly at all recently.
This is why:

Whenever I join a Gmod server, my FPS will drop from ~300 to ~20 fps as i aim myself closer to the center of the map.
So while this disables me from playing maps without absurd lag spikes, i would normally be able to deal with it.
However, as I also use my mouse, it skips very large chunks of my screen as I aim back and forth.

In short, when I play the center of the map causes me large lag spikes, and my mouse constantly hops around the screen as i move it, even in very small amounts.

I have verified the cache of Gmod, completely re-installed it, etc, and nothing has seemed to work so far.
If anyone has an idea to fix it, please let me know.
Thanks.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(03-15-2016, 06:50 PM)Fancy Mega Typhlosion Wrote:  I finally decided to ask for help through the forums for my problem.
As some might have noticed, I havent been playing Gmod hardly at all recently.
This is why:

Whenever I join a Gmod server, my FPS will drop from ~300 to ~20 fps as i aim myself closer to the center of the map.
So while this disables me from playing maps without absurd lag spikes, i would normally be able to deal with it.
However, as I also use my mouse, it skips very large chunks of my screen as I aim back and forth.

In short, when I play the center of the map causes me large lag spikes, and my mouse constantly hops around the screen as i move it, even in very small amounts.

I have verified the cache of Gmod, completely re-installed it, etc, and nothing has seemed to work so far.
If anyone has an idea to fix it, please let me know.
Thanks.

Aiming at the center of the map drops pretty much everyones frames for most maps. It's simply due to most maps being poorly optimized.

Try enabling raw input for the mouse issue.
Find

do you have a razer mouse?

if so you have to set it to raw input like brassx said.

razer recently updated their firmware and fucked it up for source games, unless you have raw input on.

i recently had the same issue in csgo, and raw input fixed it.
Find

Have you cleaned your cooling fan recently?
These are definitely hardware issues.
Find

The raw input fixed my mouse (thanks tobi and brassx <3), but ill have to try and fix my fps drops later. However, gmod is now playable, so ill be seen around much more after this week (spring break trips)
When a dragon round begins.

Find