Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[QoL] Multiple ideas

Since shotguns can suffix multiple times per shot (each pellet has ability to suffix when it procs) while no other gun is capable of doing so.
[Make shotgun shots only being able to apply one suffix per bullet, but leave all pellets able to give the suffix]

Something to prevent spam jumping. (Its becoming almost the only thing people do now.)
[Add a small spam cooldown the more you press it, or restrict aim if you spamjump]
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(02-14-2016, 10:17 PM)Eryehka Wrote:  Since shotguns can suffix multiple times per shot (each pellet has ability to suffix when it procs) while no other gun is capable of doing so.
[Make shotgun shots only being able to apply one suffix per bullet, but leave all pellets able to give the suffix]

Something to prevent spam jumping. (Its becoming almost the only thing people do now.)
[Add a small spam cooldown the more you press it, or restrict aim if you spamjump]

Shotguns only have the chance every shot not each pellet
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt
Find

EVERY PELLET applies the suffix if the shot procced. Meaning one shot = multiple stacks at once.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
Find

The shotgun one isn't easy to do with suffixes that stack(also the suffixes procs separately per pellet). I have no way to determine which shot was what or when, so I just multiply the chance by the number of pellets to help balance it, so the chances of more than one activating is rather slim. (Although for pre-fired suffixes(meaning the 'chance to proc' is rolled before the shot is fired) like the ice one, it will effect all of the pellets at once, which is probably why you think all suffixes are like this, but nope. Just the ice one).

EDIT:

To be clear, for things like Phoenix, Corrosion, etc.. These all proc separately per pellet, as it's called from inside the Player Damaged hook(meaning the shot is fired, and the bullet hits a player, then it tries to proc). However, there are some(like ice) that proc BEFORE the bullet is ever fired. So it doesn't matter what it hits, if you proc, it will proc for all of the bullets fired, but it should compensate for the number of bullets shot at once by dampening the effects per bullet.
Find

Mini cosmic saidhe uses a shotgun of the pheonix to light multiple people on fire at the same time. (meaning more than one pellet would have had to suffix)

I was shot earlier and had 2 agony stacks apply at once. (i dodged most pellets)

This is the only gun that has special treatment via suffixes.

Edit:

What im asking for is denial of multiple suffixes from the same shot. (One suffix stack per victim per shot)
Find

(02-14-2016, 10:55 PM)Eryehka Wrote:  Mini cosmic saidhe uses a shotgun of the pheonix to light multiple people on fire at the same time. (meaning more than one pellet would have had to suffix)

I was shot earlier and had 2 agony stacks apply at once. (i dodged most pellets)

This is the only gun that has special treatment via suffixes.

Edit:

What im asking for is denial of multiple suffixes from the same shot. (One suffix stack per victim per shot)
Like I said.. it's not that easy to do that. There is currently no way to tell what shot each 'bullet' came from, or if a previous bullet from the same shot proc'd(because I wouldn't be able to tell if they proc'd from the same shot, or previously from a different shot. For the suffixes that stack).
All that gets passed to the hook(EntityTakeDamage) the Suffixes use is a damageinfo structure, which contains the Attacker, Victim, Damage amount(and damage tpye), and the "Inflictor"(contains more, non-useful stuff though). All of those things get set automatically, internally when a player is shot by the bullet.

I'm just telling you how the system works, All chances are multiplied by the number of shots to help combat multiple proc's per shot, but it can still definitely happen.

Each bullet is treated separately by GMOD internally, but ALL of the bullets are fired from a single bullet structure, you just set NumShots to determine how many bullets should come out of the shot. I can not tell if they were from the same shot. There's no timestamp attached to them, or anything to indicate what shot they came from, or when.

I CAN do it, but it would be rather 'hacky', and I'd prefer to try and find other solutions before doing it.

Also, The trait that allows you to fire more than one shot at a time can have the same effect.
Find

Make shotguns use slugs but lose damage on range, so you cant snipe but it can only applt one stack not multiple simple fix imo
Find