Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: FRG's hit-reg system
Great! Barely any shitboxes!
Better than default hitreg. I don't shitbox near as much
It didn't change my gameplay experience.
It made me hit less shots than the default system.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hitreg beta, for better or worse?

(02-10-2016, 06:10 PM)Terran Wrote:  Significant improvement, especially with Deagles/M16's/Etc. AFK's are still an extreme pain, since you can infinite shit-box on them it seems, but overall I feel its helped. Could be placebo, I don't know, but it does feel like it helped.

It's definitely not a Placebo, as even on my LAN test server I noticed an extreme amount of shitboxes on bots(bots have sporadic movements, which makes shitboxing super easy on them). With the new system, I have yet to shitbox a single time. It's because when you shoot someone on your screen you're more than likely going to hit on the server, so theoretically the only way this can really be worse than the default(in terms of your shots hitting), is if there's some extreme lag involved, or a backlog of packets waiting to be sent, which is why what happened to rotshout can happen.

The system detects when you shitbox, and displays a chat message. Those are what I consider 'shitboxing', otherwise you're likely just missing the shot.

Also those shtiboxing on AFKs, please report them to me as often as they happen. I really need to figure out why they happen, it's not just a server side thing it appears.

Messages In This Thread
Hitreg beta, for better or worse? - Brassx - 02-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Hitreg beta, for better or worse? - Brassx - 02-10-2016, 06:33 PM