Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: FRG's hit-reg system
Great! Barely any shitboxes!
Better than default hitreg. I don't shitbox near as much
It didn't change my gameplay experience.
It made me hit less shots than the default system.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hitreg beta, for better or worse?

It's been quite a bit since the new Hitreg system was implemented. Now we need to decide, has it really helped? or has it made the game worse?

Depending on the results, I may or may not remove the new system, or make it always enabled(or enabled by default at least).

So what's your thoughts? Did this system improve gameplay for you?

Here's how the system works at the moment:
Client(you) registers a hit on your screen, you then send a message to the server with details of who you hit, and where, server then validates this claim(and nullifies all bullet damage) through methods involving ping that I will not fully disclose, if the server validates it, your shot is a success! Otherwise a 'shitbox' happens. (to make it a bit more fair.)
Find

To be honest, there were times when I thought it was better, and times when I thought it was worse.

I kind of forgot I had it enabled, to be honest, just because of the minimal difference I saw personally.

That's just my thoughts, other people have been saying it's been better, so I'm probably just not very observant.

I didn't really seem to notice a difference but I haven't played a lot. When I was on I still seemed to be getting as many shitboxes.
Find

I've had it work occasionally, but a couple of times I've shitboxed a bunch of hits, then when I die the person I shot suddenly takes all the damage at once. It's happened to me also. I would kill someone then take multiple counts of damage immediately after I kill them.

I'm not sure what the delay on it is, but I doubt it's supposed to be right after I die.
Find

i didnt really notice a huge difference but i have been getting killed around corners quite a lot
Find

I think the new hitreg is a bit better but nothing drastic.

I've never shitboxed yet with it so that's good I guess.
Find

I rather absolutely love the being able to pop a shot off right before you die sometimes lol, I've killed so many the same time they kill me with a headshot with a rifle or deagle, even got Tobias with the Deathbringer once right as I died.
Find

Significant improvement, especially with Deagles/M16's/Etc. AFK's are still an extreme pain, since you can infinite shit-box on them it seems, but overall I feel its helped. Could be placebo, I don't know, but it does feel like it helped.
Find

(02-10-2016, 06:10 PM)Terran Wrote:  Significant improvement, especially with Deagles/M16's/Etc. AFK's are still an extreme pain, since you can infinite shit-box on them it seems, but overall I feel its helped. Could be placebo, I don't know, but it does feel like it helped.

It's definitely not a Placebo, as even on my LAN test server I noticed an extreme amount of shitboxes on bots(bots have sporadic movements, which makes shitboxing super easy on them). With the new system, I have yet to shitbox a single time. It's because when you shoot someone on your screen you're more than likely going to hit on the server, so theoretically the only way this can really be worse than the default(in terms of your shots hitting), is if there's some extreme lag involved, or a backlog of packets waiting to be sent, which is why what happened to rotshout can happen.

The system detects when you shitbox, and displays a chat message. Those are what I consider 'shitboxing', otherwise you're likely just missing the shot.

Also those shtiboxing on AFKs, please report them to me as often as they happen. I really need to figure out why they happen, it's not just a server side thing it appears.