Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patchnotes 1/29/2016

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the new hitboxes but personally I don't see any problems yet
meybe they're just salty because they suck

yeah, im getting more shitboxes too.
Find

Quote:If you notice MORE shitboxes with the new system enabled, please PM me or post here your results, and your average ping on FRG(ping likely has a major role in that).

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people complaining are receiving a placebo(or a nocebo) effect, where they think it's worse. But they just can't aim. This system is a mixture between clientside and server side. So if you hit on your screen, you're more than likely going to hit on the server. Weapon type has no effect in my tests. Glocks worked fine, HUGE worked fine, etc. All bullets are handled the same.

The only major factor would be your ping + the targets ping. Which is why I wanted you guys to post your average ping. The formula I made that uses your ping+targets ping to determine how far back to look in the hitbox position logs may need adjusting.

Also, someone afk and you shitboxed every shot. Sounds a bit like the normal system, where you shitbox headshots. I wonder if somehow, when players first spawn, player bones on the server somehow get out of sync with the client.
Find

(01-30-2016, 09:48 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
Quote:If you notice MORE shitboxes with the new system enabled, please PM me or post here your results, and your average ping on FRG(ping likely has a major role in that).

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people complaining are receiving a placebo(or a nocebo) effect, where they think it's worse. But they just can't aim. This system is a mixture between clientside and server side. So if you hit on your screen, you're more than likely going to hit on the server. Weapon type has no effect in my tests. Glocks worked fine, HUGE worked fine, etc. All bullets are handled the same.

The only major factor would be your ping + the targets ping. Which is why I wanted you guys to post your average ping. The formula I made that uses your ping+targets ping to determine how far back to look in the hitbox position logs may need adjusting.

Also, someone afk and you shitboxed every shot. Sounds a bit like the normal system, where you shitbox headshots. I wonder if somehow, when players first spawn, player bones on the server somehow get out of sync with the client.

my average ping is 28
Find

I was having amazing results with a deagle. I'd be playing and testing right now, but there are too many deathbringers on the server, and nobody should have to put up with that.
Find

I keep getting killed to a person I killed after I kill a person, it's REALLY annoying.
Find

(01-30-2016, 09:54 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I keep getting killed to a person I killed after I kill a person, it's REALLY annoying.

Yea, that's one side effect. It's fair to them, because they shot you on their screen before you shot them, but due to latency, you kill each other. It's a little annoying, but the trade off will be worth it in the end when the system has some kinks worked out.

IMO its fair to "shoot" your last bullet or so as you die.

I have seen so many times I shoot normally as i die and not even a peep comes from my gun but i hear the shot sound.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Woah Hey Guys

(01-31-2016, 12:40 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  Woah Hey Guys

Welcome to EB memes!
Find