Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tiers that only drop temporarily

I think that there should be some specific tiers added (Rare+ probably) that can only drop a specific amount of times until they're removed; making them completely unobtainable.

Specifically, tiers that would only drop after round (no crates, no fragments) and only 5 or so of them can drop, and once the amount specified drops, they're never obtainable again without trading.

It'd add pretty much an entirely new aspect to the drop system, with more limited items rather than the same tiers dropping constantly allowing them to get undervalued. (It'd also be really cool to see who gets them)

edit: sorry if this is badly worded, or just isnt a good suggestion. i dont suggest things often :/

Yeah! Artificial Scarcity keeps things fresh. Super duper +1.
Find

I like the concept, however, I do agree with kheyre's post on the other thread.

Overtime, as people trade them, or quit the server. These items will become more and more scarce. As we get newer players, they miss out on that content. yes, that's great for the people who have them, they feel super cool because they have them. But it's a bit of wasted development time if they simply fade out over time.

I do like the idea a lot though, and will probably 'waste my time' developing them regardless.
Find

(01-27-2016, 01:22 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I like the concept, however, I do agree with kheyre's post on the other thread.

Overtime, as people trade them, or quit the server. These items will become more and more scarce. As we get newer players, they miss out on that content. yes, that's great for the people who have them, they feel super cool because they have them. But it's a bit of wasted development time if they simply fade out over time.

I do like the idea a lot though, and will probably 'waste my time' developing them regardless.

Maybe make it a lobby-only dealio with saturday changes like the fragment shop except for coins.
Level 10s+ are less likely to quit with them outta nowhere anyway.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

the only issue i see with unique guns with unique models is the download.

I mean, over time, you can probably re-add those tiers/uniques, brassx, after like 2-3 months.
Find

(01-27-2016, 01:27 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  the only issue i see with unique guns with unique models is the download.

I mean, over time, you can probably re-add those tiers/uniques, brassx, after like 2-3 months.

Yea I always hate adding custom models, simply because of the already long download list. The webserver is super fast though, and allows people to download pretty damn quickly.

I could just put everything in another workshop though, that people can sub to, and put all of the updated models in that. I don't know if that would really solve the issue though.
Find

I mean, I'm only thinking specific tiers that you could just gradually add as limited-time ones. I do see how they might eventually disappear, but that'd add value to them and make them collectable.
Find

SKINSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(01-27-2016, 01:30 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-27-2016, 01:27 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  the only issue i see with unique guns with unique models is the download.

Yea I always hate adding custom models, simply because of the already long download list. The webserver is super fast though, and allows people to download pretty damn quickly.

I could just put everything in another workshop though, that people can sub to, and put all of the updated models in that. I don't know if that would really solve the issue though.

workshop downloads are REALLY short.

you should honestly get rid of fastdl and replace it with workshop downloads
Find

Im thinking seasonal tiers. For Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall of a certain year.

e.g. under a tier name "This tier was part of the Summer 2015 set"
Find