Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patchnotes 1/8/2016

(01-09-2016, 01:08 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(01-09-2016, 01:06 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(01-09-2016, 12:53 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  Deathbringer isn't nearly as overpowered as people think - it's not like it's every other shot exactly that is a one kill, so it's not REALLY 50%. It's ~2 shots and they're dead anyway - if it was any more than what it is, it'd be completely useless and stupid. I honestly believe, even when I've faced it from the other two owners, that it doesn't need a chance-nerf. Maybe some other kind, but not the chance of it.

Unpoke, this is extremely biased because you own the gun. I do not own the gun nor probably ever will. Even if I did my opinion would not change. It is hands down the most OP gun on the server. A bone spirit has a chance to shoot double bullet and even if that chance proxs it's still not a 1 hit kill in the leg or arm. Also a perfect bone spirit is 1 in 4 while the deathbringer is 1 in 2. I have never rage quit a TTT server because of a gun but I just did for the very first time because 3 deathbringer owners were on and it was completely dumb. One of the biggest differences between NTG and FRG was supposed to be the balance in guns and this gun completely shatters that. Even if the deathbringer is nerfed to a 1 in 4 chance (I think its absolutely needs to be) it would still be better than a bone spirit and still be a really good gun. In no way would that change render it "useless."

what i said about the railgun
Also, I'm playing with them too and doing just fine

railguns got the 1 in 3 chance to instakill right?

the awp too, instakill on body and you get FOUR shots. People use it instead of knives which are two hit for some reason, yet the awp is actually ranged and one hits body? thats off topic tho since thats not inventory.
Find

Bloodweep drains HP and takes time.

Maybe lower the Deathbringer's damage? Let's say it has -40% damage but still a 1 in 2 chance to proc the suffix. A chest shot + the suffix would OHKO without body armor. Arm/leg + suffix = maybe 80 damage?

That, plus the low clip and slow reload speed sounds fairer to me. Also, maybe as a little bonus, if you get a head-shot with it, the next reload is 50% faster or something?
Find

(01-09-2016, 01:12 AM)Terran Wrote:  Bloodweep drains HP and takes time.

Maybe lower the Deathbringer's damage? Let's say it has -40% damage but still a 1 in 2 chance to proc the suffix. A chest shot + the suffix would OHKO without body armor. Arm/leg + suffix = maybe 80 damage?

That, plus the low clip and slow reload speed sounds fairer to me. Also, maybe as a little bonus, if you get a head-shot with it, the next reload is 50% faster or something?

the suffix blows off your head
the glitch alone of you walking around headless is silly enough, it doesnt need to be a real thing lol

I stand strongly by what I said about the railgun. If anything needed to be nerfed, maybe a different suffix for the melee in specific or just slower firerate.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Railgun sucks
Hard to aim because you have to aim in-front of where they are heading
it doesn't one hit if they have a blaze crystal
it doesn't one hit if it hits arm/leg
Has only 3 bullets
Has 15 shots, maximum, like 27 if you abuse ammo glitch
also its 1 in 3 regardless, not 1 in 2, but being able to get the orange beam and hold it is a benefit. But then again; limited ammo.
Did I mention how blaze crystals make it useless.
Find

(01-09-2016, 01:12 AM)Fresh Wrote:  
(01-09-2016, 01:08 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(01-09-2016, 01:06 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(01-09-2016, 12:53 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  Deathbringer isn't nearly as overpowered as people think - it's not like it's every other shot exactly that is a one kill, so it's not REALLY 50%. It's ~2 shots and they're dead anyway - if it was any more than what it is, it'd be completely useless and stupid. I honestly believe, even when I've faced it from the other two owners, that it doesn't need a chance-nerf. Maybe some other kind, but not the chance of it.

Unpoke, this is extremely biased because you own the gun. I do not own the gun nor probably ever will. Even if I did my opinion would not change. It is hands down the most OP gun on the server. A bone spirit has a chance to shoot double bullet and even if that chance proxs it's still not a 1 hit kill in the leg or arm. Also a perfect bone spirit is 1 in 4 while the deathbringer is 1 in 2. I have never rage quit a TTT server because of a gun but I just did for the very first time because 3 deathbringer owners were on and it was completely dumb. One of the biggest differences between NTG and FRG was supposed to be the balance in guns and this gun completely shatters that. Even if the deathbringer is nerfed to a 1 in 4 chance (I think its absolutely needs to be) it would still be better than a bone spirit and still be a really good gun. In no way would that change render it "useless."

what i said about the railgun
Also, I'm playing with them too and doing just fine

railguns got the 1 in 3 chance to instakill right?

the awp too, instakill on body and you get FOUR shots. People use it instead of knives which are two hit for some reason, yet the awp is actually ranged and one hits body? thats off topic tho since thats not inventory.

IDK much about the railgun because I haven't had much exposure to it. If it has a 1-3 chance to kill you no matter where you get hit that's a bit OP too. The AWP is a T weapon with limited ammo and a 1 time buy. It also doesn't 1 hit kill arm or leg shots and has very high sensitivity when scoped. You can gather more ammo for the deathbringer and it 1 hit kills ANYWHERE 50% of the time.
Find

(01-09-2016, 01:19 AM)Terran Wrote:  Railgun sucks
Hard to aim because you have to aim in-front of where they are heading
it doesn't one hit if they have a blaze crystal
it doesn't one hit if it hits arm/leg
Has only 3 bullets
Has 15 shots, maximum, like 27 if you abuse ammo glitch

I've never had trouble aiming the railgun
You're right, it doesn't one shot if they have a blaze crystal, but it still has high base damage to those without one
I'm pretty sure it one hits to an arm or leg, not completely
3 bullets with higher base damage and reloading isn't that big of a deal
27 ammo is plenty
People say the railgun is bad, why should godlike tiers be completely bad as opposed to a little good?

idk what the awp thing was about but fresh was trying to agree with me i asked him ingame about the railgun

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Chill guys. I was fully aware that a 2.2 chance was going to be unbalanced (so I upped the chance and assumed it was going to be fine), BUT the automatic trait chance dampening for some weapons(decrease/increase chance based on firerate, clipsize, etc), seems to have a bug(as pointed out) that stopped my changes from really taking effect, as it seems to just lower to the minimum chance allows for most rifles. (Not every suffix/trait is in the dampener list, which explains why some have higher/lower chances.)

I'm working on redesigning the formula for it.

Also, I should probably add in the description, that the chance for activating the suffix in Melee mode is now a little less common.

EDIT:Another possible nerf/change, is if I make the suffix only able to proc depending on which hitbox the bullet hits. Like only doing it with body/headshots. (I should note that the bullet's damage is reduced to 0 when the suffix procs)
Find

Does that affect the melee, though? I got hit once and instantly died. 58x2.
Find

(01-09-2016, 03:04 PM)Terran Wrote:  Does that affect the melee, though? I got hit once and instantly died. 58x2.

It hit you twice with one swing?
Find

(01-09-2016, 12:57 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Chill guys. I was fully aware that a 2.2 chance was going to be unbalanced (so I upped the chance and assumed it was going to be fine), BUT the automatic trait chance dampening for some weapons(decrease/increase chance based on firerate, clipsize, etc), seems to have a bug(as pointed out) that stopped my changes from really taking effect, as it seems to just lower to the minimum chance allows for most rifles. (Not every suffix/trait is in the dampener list, which explains why some have higher/lower chances.)

I'm working on redesigning the formula for it.

Also, I should probably add in the description, that the chance for activating the suffix in Melee mode is now a little less common.

EDIT:Another possible nerf/change, is if I make the suffix only able to proc depending on which hitbox the bullet hits. Like only doing it with body/headshots. (I should note that the bullet's damage is reduced to 0 when the suffix procs)

it's literally a disadvantage for it to proc on headshots so i dont think thats a good idea for that to be only one of two choices (they dont die right away and it gives them time to kos)

- That Thrakos Noob
Find