Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What more should you be able to do with coins?

There has been a fairly large increase in the amount of coins people have, since the event(and possibly my xmas present extravaganza last night).
We need more things to spend coins on. That is, stuff that will help drain some of these coins from the economy.

•New coin only crates, these would be somewhat expensive for now, but have some unique stuff in them. The only way to open is from buying with coins. No rubies. No dropping them. Just coins. This could definitely help drain some of the coins right now, but it wont last. Once people have obtained it's contents, no one will really buy them much anymore.

I could also add a variety of them(shitload of work), that show up randomly in the coinshop. Similar to how the presents would show a random one each day in the shop.

•Player statues in the Lobby server. I came up with this idea randomly, where there would be statues of your playermodel with your current coinshop loadout somewhere in the lobby. My original plan was to have something like top 3 highest levels/xp amounts displayed there automatically, but now maybe you buy them, rent them, or it display the top 3 players who donate coins to a certain NPC? Not really sure on this one yet.

•Upgrade tree's on some tiers. This one would be a lot of work, but if balanced properly it could be pretty interesting. I could have it so using it during TTT(and maybe events) gains XP on the weapon, once you level it up, it takes coins to unlock the next node in the tree. These nodes could do anything from just visual stuff, to maybe, over time, increasing the weapons stats to the max amount they can be (the items would have to drop with lowest stats always, so you work your way up to a perfect one). If the final stats are balanced, this could work, but I'd likely need to make the weapon fairly good for it to be viable to spend coins on upgrading it. Maybe a certain node would allow you to rename it? Or select a color for the weapon to be? Not really sure.

Maxed out stuff could possibly glow in game too, and I could possibly work with some skin developers and make certain skins apply to it depending on it's level.

I know something kind of similar to this has been suggested, but I'm not talking about taking any weapon, and upgrading it so it goes beyond it's current stats. I'm talking about special tiers/uniques that drop with all lowest stats possible, and by leveling it you work your way to it's maximum stats/other cool visual stuff. But it requires coins to do so. Would any of you spend coins on this?

Post your ideas and thoughts!
Find

holy shit. I can upgrade my swift deag of agony and have a fucking statue?! Yes +1000000
Find

I don't like the idea of statues based off EXP/level anyway, that wouldn't give new players a chance. I don't see the point on using coins for that either though - I mean, I'd rather have 20k for coins than a statue.

We could go back to the over-suggested coins for fragments and add fragment crates to be poured into. Coin-only crates was also a good idea.
Maybe do the end of the month giveaway kinda like those cs:go giveaways where the more you put in the higher chance you get of winning.
I think Axe suggested this but there could be a one-time purchasable badge for like 10k, 25k, 50k, etc. in the coinshop.

I was also thinking maybe traitor rounds should be purchasable on the coinshop.
The new tier addition should also help circulate the coins.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

The statues seem kind of pointless, but fun.

The leveling weapons thing I would defiantly want to do.

And coin only crates would be great.
Find

real life items
Find

The statues would be for bragging rights only, really. Some people like those things, and to unpoke: what I was thinking about the xp/level based was basically a way to commend some of our players who have played A LOT and managed to get a decent XP amount. A way to say thanks for stickin' around. Not really something new players should strive for, but if any of the older ones would go inactive, they could definitely catch up!
Find

I like the crates. And the upgrade trees would be a really cool idea, but before being able to rename items there should be some rules on it.

I dunno about the statues, I don't think anyone wants to see Excel immortalized in stone.
Find

I don't like the statues but why not. New crates im down for. Upgrading yes and no from me. Ill stay neutral about it.
Find

+1 to Coin-Crates and Upgradeable-Guns.
Find

•New coin only crates, these would be somewhat expensive for now, but have some unique stuff in them. The only way to open is from buying with coins. No rubies. No dropping them. Just coins. This could definitely help drain some of the coins right now, but it wont last. Once people have obtained it's contents, no one will really buy them much anymore.

I like this idea ^

I could also add a variety of them(shitload of work), that show up randomly in the coinshop. Similar to how the presents would show a random one each day in the shop.

Meh, don't worry about doing all that work. New T weps and other things are more important for the server imo.

•Player statues in the Lobby server. I came up with this idea randomly, where there would be statues of your playermodel with your current coinshop loadout somewhere in the lobby. My original plan was to have something like top 3 highest levels/xp amounts displayed there automatically, but now maybe you buy them, rent them, or it display the top 3 players who donate coins to a certain NPC?  Not really sure on this one yet.

I def feel like you should stick with making these the top 3 highest levels of the server. Buying them makes no sense and the people who did buy them nobody else would care to look at them.

•Upgrade tree's on some tiers. This one would be a lot of work, but if balanced properly it could be pretty interesting. I could have it so using it during TTT(and maybe events) gains XP on the weapon, once you level it up, it takes coins to unlock the next node in the tree. These nodes could do anything from just visual stuff, to maybe, over time, increasing the weapons stats to the max amount they can be (the items would have to drop with lowest stats always, so you work your way up to a perfect one). If the final stats are balanced, this could work, but I'd likely need to make the weapon fairly good for it to be viable to spend coins on upgrading it. Maybe a certain node would allow you to rename it? Or select a color for the weapon to be? Not really sure.

STRONGLY dislike the part about increasing the stats. It makes dropping a higher stated gun meaningless. I do find the visual stuff could be very interesting for this though. Renaming would be alright but you know how it goes with that. People will rename their guns some pretty dumb things and we will have more rules to enforce because of it.

Maxed out stuff could possibly glow in game too, and  I could possibly work with some skin developers and make certain skins apply to it depending on it's level.

Yeah I like all the unlockable visual stuff ideas just no stat increasing please.

Now for my own original idea. In the f3 menu you can buy props and things for your player model. People don't seem to spend a ton on this but it was originally planned for more and more items to become available with lvl increases. My suggestion is to add a lot more player models, props, gadgets etc... These will be unlocked at different levels and cost coins. The only bad thing about this is the custom downloads it adds. I'm wondering if there's any way to code it so that these items are not downloaded upon joining the server but rather downloaded once you join the server and are the lvl required to unlock the items. I think that would be really cool and it would make people want to spend coins on the stuff for their hard work unlocking it.
Find