Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Christmas event idea. "Kill Krampus"

Starting the Event: Talk to Randolph the Elf in the lobby.

He'll tell you Santa has been kidnapped by Krampus, and he asks you to find a special weapon "Santa's Little Helper" to kill Krampus, and save Christmas.

Event Quest: On Christmas themed levels there is a chance for a Christmas Present to spawn, It spawns server side for anyone with the quest, and only one spawns per round. T's, Det's, and Innocents all have a chance to find it. But there's only one, and anyone with the quest can get it.
It works sort of like a gift package.

(When you open it, you have 9 Presents to choose from)

1/9 Chance to find the Santa's Little Helper.

1/9 Chance to get a Santa or Krampus Crate (50/50)

7/9 Chance to get a Gift Package

Drops:

Santa and Krampus Crates: Works like a Crescent, or Crate of the Damned. With Christmas themed goodies. With Santa Crates dropping actually christmas themed weapons, The Krampus Crates have a chance of dropping "Krampus" or "Evil Christmas" themed weapons and Cosmetics.

Santas Little Helper: Same base stats as a hatchet, but has a 1:X chance to throw a snowball that deals it's weapons damage (Essentially double damage if it procs within melee range.) (x=2-5 chance)

Fighting Krampus:

Once enough people have the Santas Little Helper, (4-6), they can turn in the quest to Randolph in the lobby, and he'll explain the partying system, and the boss fight with Krampus.

YOU MUST TURN IN THIS QUEST BEFORE YOU CAN JOIN A PARTY TO FIGHT KRAMPUS.

Once there is a party of 4-6 with the Santas Little Helper equiped, they can join the event Server to fight Krampus.

This fight is melee only, and you can only use Santas Little Helper. It is only one boss fight, but it's long, and tough.

Stage 1:

Krampus will spawn, and chase players down attempting to claw them, or gore them with his ram like horns. Well Running, he will occasionally throw one of three things behind him.

1) An actual Christmas Present, that the players can collect

2) A Fake present from the T shop (Explained later.)

3) A chunk of coal that will instantly detonate, slowing, and partially blinding people caught in the blast.

Stage 2:

Krampus will go up in the air on a sleigh, and throw down one of the three things from before, or snowballs which will be target at players, and they deal damage. Players will have to dodge the thrown things (Except presents Big Grin) while trying to get their Santas Little Helper to proc to throw snowballs at him to damage him.

When this stage ends, Krampus will kamikaze his sleigh into the ground. Damaging any players caught in the explosion.

Stage 3:

Krampus is slower during this stage. Krampus will run around, trying to avoid the players. Occasionally Christmas trees will spawn behind him, sprouting from the ground, damaging any players hit by them.

Cookies will spawn occasionally which will heal the first person who touches them (Krampus, or Players).

If Krampus is allowed to heal to much during this stage, he will revert to stage 2.

Stage 4:

Krampus is angry, he's faster, and hits harder. He acts just like he did in stage 1, with trees spawning behind him like in Stage 3. Santa spawns in a cage in the center of the arena. If players break the cage, he'll help them fight Krampus.

Winners will recieve a few random drops.

The person who did the most damage to Krampus will get a Santa Hat

And the rest of the party will get Elf Hats.

Event Badges all around.

T shop item exclusive during the Event. "Fake Present'

Looks like the present, except on picking it up, you will hear Krampus Laugh, and you will have a very short time to run away before it explodes, killing anyone near it.
Tneconni

Ok I re read this and in all seriousness its not that bad lol. However, I don't like a few things. I don't like that you have to fight one boss the whole time for this long. I would prefer the game to progress until you have to fight Krampus in the end. I don't know much about Krampus, but maybe you could fight some of his helpers throughout the battle instead of just Krampus. Also you must have gotten this from the commercial.

I like the idea of stuff spawning on the ground to get it, but I'm a bit tired of boss fights. This H'Ween event was super fun, so I personally think that any potential Christmas events should be TTT-based and a lot simpler. Just picking stuff up off the map would be fun.
Find

(11-10-2015, 03:55 AM)Terran Wrote:  I like the idea of stuff spawning on the ground to get it, but I'm a bit tired of boss fights. This H'Ween event was super fun, so I personally think that any potential Christmas events should be TTT-based and a lot simpler. Just picking stuff up off the map would be fun.

I actually agree with this. The Halloween event is very fun and if we had to fight a boss like this it would probs take brassx a long time to code the stuff (which it probably already does). Maybe their could be presents that spawn around the map in ttt and a Christmas themed lobby server.

Maybe their could be a boss fight in ttt, but nothing probably no event like the Halloween one.

I think we could add onto this over the next year and perfect it then by next Christmas we'll be able to have it as an event like the Halloween one so Axe's idea sounds good for a temp event.
Find

Personally boss fights never get old.
Find