Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

AWP sorta-nerfy idea-ish

I don't think KOS off location would be an issue, considering its not even allowed. It would just show you who shot it really, such as on whitehouse if a person is only down the hall and you can see them. The only place I see this as an issue is on maps like canyon or larger maps in general because of elevation and stuff that would cause the T to be out of your line of site.
Find

(09-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  The smoke trail could cause problems of KOS off of location.

Would we make it allowed in this situation?

there shouldn't be an issue with KOSing off of smoke literally leading to a person
honestly people do that off of sound anyway already

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

How about giving it a damage ramp up over a distance, so from 5 feet away it does 50 damage instead of 100. I like this because most of the time I see the awp used it's to take it out, shoot someone point blank for the instakill and run away because the knife is total garbage , and right now the awp is just a ranged super knife

Edit: Jesus Christ look at how many hours you guys have lol
Find

Hmm
The following suggestion will either be hardcore ridiculed or be taken to a great liking.
How about each time you miss a shot you take damage?
Nothing huge like death, but say 20?
Find

(09-20-2015, 02:04 PM)Fresh Wrote:  How about giving it a damage ramp up over a distance, so from 5 feet away it does 50 damage  instead  of 100.
That's not how bullets work

AWP should be reduced from 4 to 2 shots, the smoke seems like trouble unless it's something dumb like a trail coming from a player shooting it (speed boots)

My favorite thing I did with the AWP was just buying it as a backup super deagle. It either kills someone or cripples their health to the point another shot from something else should kill.

It could use some delays on taking out/ putting away/ scoping in if you really want to whack it with a nerf

Anything more I think defeats its purpose as a traitor weapon
Find

(09-20-2015, 03:51 PM)espire Wrote:  Hmm
The following suggestion will either be hardcore ridiculed or be taken to a great liking.
How about each time you miss a shot you take damage?
Nothing huge like death, but say 20?

i choose hardcore ridicule

- That Thrakos Noob

(09-20-2015, 04:46 PM)Kuro Wrote:  
(09-20-2015, 02:04 PM)Fresh Wrote:  How about giving it a damage ramp up over a distance, so from 5 feet away it does 50 damage  instead  of 100.
That's not how bullets work

lol if you want to use that argument you could also say that every gun should 1-shot headshot and that shotguns should isntakill on body, but this isn't real life, this is a video game.

The point of the awp is to pick off targets at long range with an instant death or put them to 1 hp which i don't mind, but when i mostly see people whipping it out and using it like a knife something is wrong.
Find

Guys. This is so easy. Just make it unable to be shot if not scoped.

(09-20-2015, 11:26 PM)Fresh Wrote:  lol if you want to use that argument you could also say that every gun should 1-shot headshot and that shotguns should isntakill on body, but this isn't real life, this is a video game.

But you can survive a shot to the head with guns of that caliber, and shotguns don't always kill on the body.

Regardless if it's a game or not everything has some kind of semblance to real life, making something of that force doing less damage at that distance is the equivalent of removing gravity.

The most questionable things are patched out or fixed, not introduced.

Except ladders
Find

nump bump
Find