Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

buff thrakos

(08-05-2015, 10:09 PM)Skully_Fluff Wrote:  
(08-05-2015, 02:49 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  but tartarus has big laser of death AND fire
i need to compensate for my lack of talent with more buffs

Thrakos can use a tweak, maybe on it's recoil (just a tiny bit better) but the lightning is insane already doesn't need to set people on fire. It targets them unlike any other god-like's laser on this server where you actually sort of have to aim.. accept with the tartarus cause that shits just plain OP.

orrrr thrakos just gets a beam because #ThatBeamLife . Honestly thrakos maybe needs a lowered recoil or damage..
Find

(08-05-2015, 10:09 PM)Skully_Fluff Wrote:  
(08-05-2015, 02:49 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  but tartarus has big laser of death AND fire
i need to compensate for my lack of talent with more buffs

Thrakos can use a tweak, maybe on it's recoil (just a tiny bit better) but the lightning is insane already doesn't need to set people on fire. It targets them unlike any other god-like's laser on this server where you actually sort of have to aim.. accept with the tartarus cause that shits just plain OP.

we dismissed the fire idea already Tongue

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

The lightning does more than 7-10 damage.

Quote:damageinfo:SetDamage(35 + math.random(-15, 10));
So the least amount of damage it can do is 20, that of course is assuming they aren't using a blaze crystal, as the damage type is burn, so a blaze crystal is effective. I could change the damage type to something else to stop that from happening, but I feel it's nice to have something fairly common that can kind of counter-act some of the effects of the more rare weapons.
I could make it proc a random range of lightning bolts(1 - 3?), but lower the max damage. (would be same thing in the end as just increasing max damage, but it would be a cool effect)

Changes to the Tartarus are going to happen soon. I told notchosen they were likely going to happen when he got the first one, due to me not play testing the weapon a lot.
Find

(08-06-2015, 02:30 AM)Brassx Wrote:  The lightning does more than 7-10 damage.

So the least amount of damage it can do is 20, that of course is assuming they aren't using a blaze crystal, as the damage type is burn, so a blaze crystal is effective. I could change the damage type to something else to stop that from happening, but I feel it's nice to have something fairly common that can kind of counter-act some of the effects of the more rare weapons.
I could make it proc a random range of lightning bolts(1 - 3?), but lower the max damage. (would be same thing in the end as just increasing max damage, but it would be a cool effect)

Changes to the Tartarus are going to happen soon. I told notchosen they were likely going to happen when he got the first one, due to me not play testing the weapon a lot.

Can we just burn all the tartarus in a pit and call it a day instead? Big Grin
Find

(08-06-2015, 02:30 AM)Brassx Wrote:  The lightning does more than 7-10 damage.

That idea for the lightning storm would be so sweet, also Brass can I just make a list of things that would be good to nerf and that'd work for helping out?(Since I have no life and use the gun every turn)
Find

with just pure damage or does it do an effect r what

I like the idea of a lightning storm Tongue

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(08-05-2015, 04:06 PM)Pigeon Lord Wrote:  Well, if THEY add an effect, whether it be fire or slowing, we still need to have some balancing to the damage of the lightning, for it would start to lean more towards the give-power-because-it's-a-godlike-item side of thing. The Tartarus deals fire damage, but the beam doesn't hurt people ( I think) so maybe take 1/3 of the damage off the lightning and add a diluted idea of the fire/slowing effects?

Who's they? Brass does all that alone. =P
Find

Brass obviously employs a group of monkeys that him and Grass hand-trained to write code for them. All server donations go to buying bananas for said monkeys, so if you want updates, send brass bananas! (or money. money works, too.)

(08-06-2015, 03:55 AM)Terran Wrote:  Brass obviously employs a group of monkeys that him and Grass hand-trained to write code for them. All server donations go to buying bananas for said monkeys, so if you want updates, send brass bananas! (or money. money works, too.)

i will be sure to send my donations in banana form from now on
is there an address we send it to, do you have a P.O. Box, how does this work?

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Brass' P.O. Box is secret, sorry.
Find