Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Don't get an Afterglow Headset!

So I have not even had these things for a year and it is already giving me problems. The mic on it doesn't work on it and now I just have a headset with no microphone on it.

So if anyone was thinking on buying a Afterglow headset don't waste your money!

I can't even troubleshoot it. And it never came with a installer disk so I guess I'll just use it for my 360 until I get a new one for Christmas.

GGNORE Headset.
Find

(12-07-2014, 01:35 AM)Flyingspaghettimonster Wrote:  So I have not even had these things for a year and it is already giving me problems. The mic on it doesn't work on it and now I just have a headset with no microphone on it.

I can't even troubleshoot it. And it never came with a installer disk so I guess I'll just use it for my 360 until I get a new one for Christmas.

GGNORE Headset.

You got fucked. You should try to google the drivers for it, look on their official website, go into device manager and uninstall the current drives, download the drivers for it from the website, and re-install!
Find

(12-07-2014, 01:36 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-07-2014, 01:35 AM)Flyingspaghettimonster Wrote:  So I have not even had these things for a year and it is already giving me problems. The mic on it doesn't work on it and now I just have a headset with no microphone on it.

GGNORE Headset.

You got fucked. You should try to google the drivers for it, look on their official website, go into device manager and uninstall the current drives, download the drivers for it from the website, and re-install!

This is why it is a terrible headset it is supposed to be a plug in ready to go headset with NO DRIVERS! I thought it was going to come with a disk or something!
but nope all it said in the instructions was Plug in and you are ready to go much bullshit I tell you.
Find

well that sucks
sorry to hear it
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

I know how you feel. I got a new set of headphones for my birthday with a mic, and right off the bat, the wires were twisted and mangled connecting to the mic and it didnt work, but it made a very loud crackly noise when I used it. That's why I haven't used a mic in so long. Ive been too lazy to go get some headphones too. I will get some for Christmas though.
Find

I had after glows for a while, but after like a month, the port to put the charger in broke...
Find

Since this is a thing, don't get Plantronics either. The one I got Self Destructed exactly a year after purchase when you'd think it would last for years. I need my shitty stand alone mic because of it.
Find

(12-08-2014, 02:17 AM)SirZeroshot™ Wrote:  Since this is a thing, don't get Plantronics either. The one I got Self Destructed exactly a year after purchase when you'd think it would last for years. I need my shitty stand alone mic because of it.

I have a plantronics.

Its been working great for 1 and 1/2 years, not a single problem.
Fuck the max 2 image limit. (Imagine happy asian guy here)
Find

Mine shit itself exactly a year after I got it. I know somebody else who's did the same thing around the same time. I'm just giving a warning because of that. Research carefully.
Find

I would say buy a razor headset, i have owned mine for just around 4 years now and its just giving me problems 2 months before 5 years.
Find