Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cyan Spy Mod complaint

Enough information has been handed out I believe. I will close this for a verdict from Jake/Brass in the future, in order to prevent any possible flame wars.
Find

(07-23-2015, 09:10 PM)Mr. Cyan Spy Wrote:  
(07-23-2015, 09:07 PM)EagleDestroyer Wrote:  This is what I told unpoke, if I was a mod and I said some racial slurs to someone in steam chat that plays the server does that represent the community bad or good?

I'd like to point out that you messaged me first calling me a fag.

http://imgur.com/vxlwYdL

While a steamchat is between the users involved, and not really anything that involves the server. If it's in relation to an event on the server, it can be viewed as being something involving the server, thus you can be held accountable for things said.

I'm disappointed by this, and the immense amount of immaturity shown by cyan. Both sides did some wrong, but that's definitely not how I'd like to see our staff treat a player of the server via a steam chat. It gives some insight on how you handle conflict..

I'm going to talk to Jake and some others about it, and we'll see what happens.

After a lot of discussing with various staff and members, Brass and I have come to an agreement. We talked it through and decided a demotion wasn't the best option at the moment. I have never had a harder time making a decision about something on FRG since its birth. Cyan, I want you to know that you are on EXTREMELY thin ice now. You do a great job as moderator but your behavior, as of late, has been questionable to say the least. Just know that one more slip up means you will be demoted to no rank. Normally, steam chats aren't something you can report someone for in the community but this pertained to a situation on FRG and involved a trusted staff member. You should be able to handle situations like that. That is the number one most important part of your rank. Keeping the peace and resolving misunderstandings are crucial. It is easy to use a command to ban someone or gag them etc... What makes good staff is handing those exact situations that you found yourself in.

Eagle, I also want you to know that you weren't in the right for this situation either. Instigating him and letting this drag on much further than it needed to go. The simple solution would have been to remove him from your friends list the minute he started acting like an idiot towards you. poof problem solved.

tl;dr Cyan isn't being demoted and I will have a serious talk with him. He is now on VERY thin ice.