Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Higher Tick Rate For Better Damage Registration

From what people have tested the server is running estimated under 30 tick, which is below average from 100 tick rate. I notice many players have been complaining about the No Registration on damages due the server side not syncing as quick as the client side is. Please fix this issue, so all our damages could possibly count. It was so bad that the remote mines that I planted on someone did not kill him, and that is how bad the tick rate issue is. Players able to take no damage from a remote mine is incredibly amazing. This affects all damages, the no registration is not bias. I would recommend switching to a better game service provider.

+1. I've had the remote mine thing happen to me. It's stupid.
Find

I believe this is just an innate Garry's Mod problem. There's no real magical fix, the engine just...Sucks.

Could be wrong though.

The tickrate is 66.. (which is default) Any higher does not work well with GMOD(google it).

The remote bomb damage bug is not related to tickrate(as damagelogs often detect the amount of damage dealt). It's somewhere else in the code, inside the damage hook that lowers the damage after the damagelogs register the original damage(I have yet to find where exactly).

EDIT:I CAN set it even higher(to 100 or so) and we could try it out for a bit, but I doubt it would be any major difference, and probably would be even more physics related crashes.

Also, you can directly check the servers tickrate by typing net_graph 4 in the console. (it will be sv: )

Well, many folks have been getting no reg almost all day. Like bullet impact as well, not just the bombs. Sometimes if you shoot someone in the chest they take no damage or in the head. I hope you could find out the problem, which would be great then Smile
Find

(07-11-2015, 06:17 PM)»Ðante« Wrote:  Well, many folks have been getting no reg almost all day. Like bullet impact as well, not just the bombs. Sometimes if you shoot someone in the chest they take no damage or in the head. I hope you could find out the problem, which would be great then Smile
Yeah there is no real fix for it. The GMOD engine itself is pretty bad, and not really designed for great shot registration. It's mainly designed as a physics sandbox.

Increasing the tickrate may help a bit(if it doesn't cause more crashes), but all around there is no magical fix. The GMOD hitboxes are sometimes out of the bounding box of the player model too, which means shots will not register on it(the hitbox MUST be inside the bounding box for it to register).
Find

Yea we have told you before in game that it was basically just Gmod and there was no real fix to it.
Find

Brassx, I understand what your trying to say. Because my friends who rig models and such, and on all my servers I never seen this much No Registration. Also, I did test it before that if you shoot someone in the head it might not work the first time and if you shoot it again it would during the time frame of 5 seconds. Its only been on this server I had notice so much damage not registration. I would have not brought it up if I had no clue, I have at least of a background knowledge of it because I am studying programming as well. Also, it is not the hit box because players have said a player had missed a shot but on the client side of the player he has shot them directly in the face. This happens on the other parts of the bodies. If this was a hit box problem, both the server side and client side would see it hit the person and do no damage if what your hit box theory is true, but that is not the case in which the client side and server side see completely different things. For another example, I completely 360 degree deagle shot a player in the head, and from his perspective he did not see me turn around at all. If you can not fix this issue due to budget or due to any other reasons, it is fine. I just wanted to inform you of this.
Find

As everyone has said, this is a problem with Garry's Mod as a core. If you feel like taking a crack at re-writing Gmod and building it up better, that's great! Good luck!
Find

That's RobotBoy job. But I doubt he will because he is just the current management that Garry put him as. Garry too busy with Rust.
Find