Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newton quest bug.

I was on the crane on highrise, getting newtoned but not shot off cause metal bars. I was like that for minutes, the newton T died before I died by bad grapple use. (to which it gave him credit for a "newton" kill. It was atleast 30s since the last newton shot.

Dreadark was the T who got credit for it.

(i was "mid air" due to standing on a map model.)
Find

wattt?
Find

If you fall, the last person to damage you gets the kill. It makes sense considering he used the Newton, then you fell anyway.

And when you say you were "mid-air", does that mean you were exploiting the map?
Find

I was not touching the maps brushes. Thats what i mean about midair. (Thats what is defined in newton related deaths afaik)

It shouldnt count half a minute after for the quest. (He didnt do anything for the kill)
Find

(06-29-2015, 11:07 PM)Kheyre-Sama Wrote:  I was not touching the maps brushes. Thats what i mean about midair. (Thats what is defined in newton related deaths afaik)

It shouldnt count half a minute after for the quest. (He didnt do anything for the kill)

I registered as his kill because he shot you with the Newton launcher, then you fell to your death. If he didn't do anything for the kill, it wouldn't have been his kill at all.
Find

Did you even read? I didnt die because of him and the newton didnt cause my death at all. I FELL from using the grappling hook poorly half a minute after the last shot.
Find

(06-29-2015, 11:29 PM)Kheyre-Sama Wrote:  Did you even read? I didnt die because of him and the newton didnt cause my death at all. I FELL from using the grappling hook poorly half a minute after the last shot.

no he did read... calm down. sometimes say i shoot you with my mac. if you then jump to you death it will give the kill to me. its the same thing that happened here. he hit you with the newton. time passed you then fell to your death from the grapple. it gave him the kill becuase the last person to damage you was him with the newton
Find

The way the TTT dev coded the newton launcher to handle kills is not perfect at all.

It adds a variable flag "was_pushed" to players, that expires after a few seconds(Not sure exactly how many), that variable is checked when a player dies to determine the death owner.

There's really no way to tell if you fell to death on your own, or if you fell to death from the newton.
Find

Could you tweak it so it works without giving kill credit when they didnt do anything for the kill?
Find

(06-29-2015, 11:43 PM)Kheyre-Sama Wrote:  Could you tweak it so it works without giving kill credit when they didnt do anything for the kill?

Like stated above, there's no good method to determine if you died from your own fall damage, or fall damage due to getting shot with the newton launcher. The flag timer tries to combat this by expiring in x amount of seconds(x seconds to give time for the person to actually fall).
Find