Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Betting

So.. back in the days of CSS there was a lovely plugin called TeamBets.
If you don't know what it is, https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=763549 , there it is.
Pretty much what I'm suggestion is a legit betting system. So such as "/bet inno 35" or something to that effect, then a 35 coin bet will be place on the innos. Perhaps make a winning Innocent bet pay out less than a winning T bet (for obvious-ish(?) reasons). Even add bets like "Detective survives" or "All T's live" etc. Again this is just a suggestion that I think if put together right can be very nice for the server. Or not!
Find

The only problem is people throwing and metagamers, I have a feeling that it'd happen a lot, people are thirsty for them damn coins.

I'd still like to see it, but with counter-measures in place?
Find

Was just about to post what Terran said. Sucks that greedy people have to ruin the fun but that's just the way it is on video games.
Find

ive seeen this in a couple servers. its a good idea yes. but from what i have seen. it is glitchy as fuck and it gets quite annoying have a big window pop up at the start of every round. if brass maybe codes his own that works better then id love to see it. but the ones that are out seem really bad
Find

What if you can only place these bets in the Lobby Server, and they would happen randomly without your acknowledgement within 24hrs of when that bet is valid?
Find

Instead of a popup, make it optional. Maybe limit it to level 10+? (or 5?) (or not?) Maybe make it so you bet then 2 rounds later your bet becomes active? I don't know, if it was done right I can see it working very well.
Find

This is something I have always wanted.

A few things that could be implemented to it to make it so it can't be abused.

1. Level 10+ only
2. Can only bet when dead.
3. You can only bet with more than 8 players alive
4. You can only bet 25 coins at most

If you could only bet when dead, telling an alive person to kill themselves would not only be metagaming, but I feel like it'd also constitute as ghosting in a way.

(not too sure about this though, despite having always wanted this)
Find

(06-24-2015, 04:34 PM)Terran Wrote:  What if you can only place these bets in the Lobby Server, and they would happen randomly without your acknowledgement within 24hrs of when that bet is valid?

Nah. That seems kinda rigged...
Find

"Rigged"?
Lol
Find

Just bet on me and win rigged every time
Find