Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[SUGGESTION] Weaponsmith Crystal

The Weaponsmith Crystal will be a 'Rare' tier droppable crystal that has a similar image and mechanics to a normal crystal but serves a specific purpose:

The crystal requires damage to be scrapped into it, to fill the hole of the market being flooded with standard's, almost every weapon and unique can be used to charge it, it will have 2 charge states:

- Charged - The crystal shows an orange colour when charged - Double the damage requirement as a blaze crystal, once CHARGED the crystal can be used to extract ONE weapon TRAIT at the cost of the crystal and weapon, the crystal when charged will display the trait saved into it which you can then apply to ONE weapon at a percentage chance of failure depending on weapon rarity, and once applied the trait will re-roll its chance and scale depending on the class of weapon whilst maintaining that weapons original stats (You can essentially begin building weapons with desirable traits) the rarer the weapon, the more chance of failure: Standard/Common/Uncommon: 100%, Unlikely: 75%, Rare: 50%, Legendary: 25%. Once the trait applied is successful or a failure the crystal will disappear and the trait saved (So it would be wise taking calculated risks with traits worth saving).

The second charged state:

- Overcharged - Displays a glow behind the crystal image in the inventory when successfully overcharged - Requires quadruple the damage requirement of weapons scrapped into as a blaze crystal (Essentially charged x2) Crystals can only be overcharged if they are already charged and do not have a trait saved into them, overcharged crystals allow you to recover ONE weapon SUFFIX at the cost of the crystal and weapon. Overcharged crystals with a suffix work the same as traits, when applied successful or no (Same percentage chances) the crystal disappears, overcharged crystals cannot be applied to a weapon that already has a suffix, but traits can still be applied to weapons with a suffix.

Bear in mind these crystals are 'Rare' similar to that of a reloading crystal or gravity crystal, and will disappear once used, so expect them to end up being worth a lot since a demand will increase when people wish to construct their builds.

There is gonna be a lot of re-brainstorming for this idea, any sort of crafting system or system that can effect gameplay will require a lot of balancing, maybe there could be more risks? Any ideas?

All I can think of is 99 cent stattrak swaps. but i actually like it. +1
Find

Yea i like the idea sound like it would be fun to use but the charges need to be a little hire than that because terran already has like 6 fully charged blazes.
Find

(06-20-2015, 11:22 PM)Soulmasher The Anti-Hallowed Wrote:  Yea i like the idea sound like it would be fun to use but the charges need to be a little hire than that because terran already has like 6 fully charged blazes.

Seven now. He sold me a Majora's Mask for one and 95 coins.

This would give use to all the low rarity weapons with suffixes.
Find

(06-20-2015, 11:22 PM)Soulmasher The Anti-Hallowed Wrote:  Yea i like the idea sound like it would be fun to use but the charges need to be a little hire than that because terran already has like 6 fully charged blazes.

You can't use the dmg sacrificed into blaze on weaponsmiths so he will need to dump a lot more weapons into a crystal, but here's the thing: you'll need to scrap ALOT of weapons and even then it's a percentage chance to win/lose the craft and you still lose the original traited weapon.
Find

I would rather the suffix/traits get sucked into the crystal (to be used another time) so it could be a way to make money via trading.
(Crystal would still be used up when attempting to add it to something else.)
Find

(06-27-2015, 06:38 PM)Kheyre-Sama Wrote:  I would rather the suffix/traits get sucked into the crystal (to be used another time) so it could be a way to make money via trading.
(Crystal would still be used up when attempting to add it to something else.)

Tghat's exactly the point it can still be traded etc as the crystal 'stores' the suffix.
Find

all i see this is the chance to have extremely over power guns. the point of having positive and negative is to balance out the weapons. this will just to to ngt with over powered weapons. big -1 form me
Find

But it would enable anyone to make their own guns however they wanted. within whatever limit brass decides.
Find

If u limit it to 4 traits it is hard to make something op. It costs a lot of not only get the crystal but charge it and then the chance to fail is HUGE. A godlike would have like a 5% or 10% chance to work that's bad. Also traits aren't really that op. Allowing more damage to shotgun users wont effect the gameplay. I support this idea there are huge negatives for the risk which I think balances it out.

I don't support the suffix one.
Find