Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lobby discussion.

This thread is mainly one to just discuss some ideas for the Lobby.

Currently, I've been planning out a few NPC shops for the server.
There's a few different ways these could be done that I have thought of.

Basic idea:
Each week(or some timeframe), the shop will select random items to be in it.
Sometimes there may be unique items, etc.

Now here's some of the options I'm weighing on to see what I want to do.

First:
Just have the items priced in coins. Can have a base price for each tier, then Get the estimated price from the market for that item, if there is one, then use that instead of the base price.

Unique items will have a preset price.(Unique meaning, Exotic, only available in the shop)
Unique/rare items will have a GLOBAL limit to how many can be bought before the shop marks them as 'sold out'.
ONE per player.

Now I'm kind of iffy on using coins in the shop, as the economy is ALWAYS evolving, it would be hard to get a good base price for items.

Second:

Separate currency used in this shop.

You will gain this currency from ANOTHER NPC, which has a set of 'quests' you can complete to gain XP/The new currency. All varying in difficulty. This would give something interesting to do. These quests will change every week, and there will be a set number per week.

I do like this idea, it means players will earn the items, more so than just relying on RNG to drop it or w/e.

Now, the same concept applies as above Unique/rare items will have a GLOBAL limit to how many can be bought before the shop marks them as 'sold out'.
ONE per player.

This allows me to keep them tradeable, and not worry about them losing the 'uniqueness' they have, as there's a limit on them.

However, this could cause meta-gaming to complete the quests faster, so to help combat that, I can either have the shop only show up for a set period, or only have the unique item in the shop show up for a set time period. (Also have quests only completable with more than a set number of people on)

Feel free to tell me your likes/dislikes about my plan(second one being man plan), and any ideas you may have.
Find

Shops would be definitely neat, but they should be items purchasable ONLY with special credit tokens/skill tokens or something like that, so the separate currency idea sounds really good. XP would be a neat grab too!

All I really want to see is a competitive arena and an ability to vote for a minigame round maybe, if the server wants it (No rewards! Just fun!)

A deathmatch room would be cool, and really simple minigames would be shooting ranges or something similar, hitting targets as they pop up quickly to get a higher score. You could buy entries, and the best players get the pot maybe. Also: Chess!
Find

Sounds Like Destiny :O

What about instead of selling a unique item by it self you get a engram that can contain the unique but can give other guns too, make the unique more rare.Each week there would be new unique that you could obtain for a set amount of coins.

The quest system sounds cool, More ways to get XP.
Find

I claim the 2nd currency as my idea.
Find

Brass you could also use your Challenge Scrolls for the different currency/xp/mission rewards for the second idea
or have it implemented in some way.

In my opinion it would be cool to complete a Challenge scroll mission and get xp or a different currency to use at the shop and maybe be able to purchase them at a NPC shop like you said.
Find

We have coins here for a reason and I don't think they should just be limited to the TTT server. Maybe you could intergrate both similar to the rubies you have an option to pay in coins or the new currency.

Edit: I do like the idea of the sperate currency to allow for some skill in gettting the items, but I think it would be nice to be able to pay with both. Allowing people who have coins to use them and others who do not to try and use their skills to get the other currency is nice.

ORRRR you could use coins to buy new currency as well. Such as a currency exchange.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Find

Please make one of the traders this guy, if only in name!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mudcrab_Merchant
Find

I love the second idea ALOT i think that would be the best way to do it in my personal bias
Find

Always suggested this, but what about a very difficult obstacle course (could have bhoping in it or not) and at the end you get coins or the new currency. You can only complete this once per set time I always loved this in minecraft and in GMOD.
Find

(05-15-2015, 01:11 AM)Terran Wrote:  Please make one of the traders this guy, if only in name!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mudcrab_Merchant

NO WE NEED XUR

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/X%C3%BBr
Find