Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Achievements-Another way to get XP

I like the accomplishment of getting achievements, and it could be another way to get xp then to rely off of kills to get xp.
I
Find

This is the exact thing I had in mind when I mentioned I already had 'different ways of gaining exp' planned.
Find

Big Grin great minds think a like. If they are added need ones that couldn't be meta gamed easily.
Find

Can I ask what sort of type these achievements would be? A combination of milestones and unique objectives? Maybe you could pick a hard achievement, "Task" it and try to complete it. (Something like a falling deagle head-shot at a minimum of 50 yards, for example).

Then you'd have your simple "4 kills in one round as Traitor (no RDM), 6 kills, 8 kills, 10 kills, 12 kills, 14 kills"

Maybe you could tie achievements into a simple Noob-quest? To teach them how to play?

When they first join, they'll get a little pop-up and a "Joining" achievement, with a thank you and some information (F1 for basic TTT rules, !motd for the server rules). When they get their Starter weapons (on map change/rejoin), a little "Task" could appear to equip their first Primary and Secondary (Showing how to do it in an image or two). That's give them something like "First Steps".

Carrying on, you could even teach them about Crystals and how to charge them, to accessing and using the !coin shop. Tiny rewards wouldn't hurt either (Maybe at the end of it, give them an Adequate weapon roll or something? Would be cool.)

Now these sound like quests, but if you ever want, I'd love to brain-storm some simple Milestone achievements.
Find

A few could be like
Play 1 round of ttt
Play 25 rounds of TTT
Play 100 rounds of ttt
Play 250 rounds of ttt
Play 500 rounds of ttt
Play 1000 rounds of ttt

Etc
Find

I think these would make people a bit more competitive, which is a good thing. Everyone loves the satisfaction of completing achievements, too.
Find

What about if you have a skill tree like system where you complete 1 achievement it would go to the next and at the end of the tier there would be a reward of some sort?
Also Progression to the new tier could unlock once you level to a certain level.
Find

"Achievement unlocked: Knife Ranger 20 Times" +200 XP
"Achievement unlocked: Make Ranger rage after knifing him" +200 XP
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

(05-10-2015, 04:31 PM)LICEBIT Wrote:  I think these would make people a bit more competitive, which is a good thing. Everyone loves the satisfaction of completing achievements, too.

Really? I only play Gmod because it's so casual. If it were more competitive I probably wouldn't play.
Find

(05-12-2015, 02:11 AM)Rangerdanger0 Wrote:  "Achievement unlocked: Knife Ranger 20 Times" +200 XP
"Achievement unlocked: Make Ranger rage after knifing him" +200 XP

I already have both of those.
We used to chill by the jukebox on Crummy Cradle before I knifed you.
Find