Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should people be making alts for easy gift crates?
Nothing wrong with it.
Something wrong with it.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are your opinions on people making alts for easier gift crates?

It isn't exactly harmful or easy to do, considering the low-tier gift crates never seem to give anything, but what is the ethical morality on it?
Find

I worked VERY hard for my items here on FRG and it pains me to see cheaters take the easy road!!!11!!1!!

Although there is something wrong with it, it shouldn't really be punishable though because I have alts for many reasons. None of them are to earn more items though.
Find

Well, you're literally grinding and surely that means you have to pay for another copy of gmod or does it go from 'family settings' ?
Find

You can family share GMod.
Find

Personally, I think it's a Gamebreaker, its not fair to the people who work their A$$ off getting drops, and then some guy comes in, getting 2x as many drops as you. Just my opinion.
Umpty Dumpty

Playing on another account for 5-10 hours just to have an extremely slim chance at getting an item? You could play for 5-10 hours on your account and have the same chance to drop something good in that time. Its not a problem.

Gift crates were made mostly RNG because of this possibility.

I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about. It is looked down upon to make an alt purely to attempt to farm them, but it's probably not going to get you banned. However, family sharing 10000 accounts may look suspicious.

Oh, OH! I thought that this was abbout having 2 accounts and playing with both at the same time. My mistake, yeah, this is fine by me.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Should also mention, family shared accounts ALSO get banned on FRG if the game's owner is banned.
Find