Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should developers receive payment for their work?
Yes, developers should be given a copy of what they make or have a big part in making.
No, developers should not receive any reward or payment for what they make.
Yes, developers should be given a copy of what they make or have a big part in making, but the item should be non-tradeable.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should developers receive a copy of their work?

^Well, he means the bad-ass rail-gun he designed I'm pretty sure.
Find

(04-26-2015, 11:14 PM)OpTicX420xSpoonx360XFaZe Wrote:  But if people get the items they spent hours making for the server, then what will the people without it do?!?!!?! You can't just give a cosmetic to one person and not the others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cosmetics are super important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!

Guessing you didn't even read the post.

He's not referring to cosmetic items..
Find

I think they should get something but not the exact item they created.If you create a godlike gun I don't think you should get it just because you made it.

1. This could fix the surprise part of it. When the gun finally drops for a player the creator will also receive the weapon they made (developed not suggested). Therefore they will not have it on day one.

2. Referring to Brassx's badge idea. The badge would be constantly updated to show what you had created, suggested, or helped work on and the more things you get on the badge the better its ability. Maybe the badge could increase drop chance by 5% (maybe not fair), it could grant 5 inv slots for each thing you have worked on, or (posted on 3.)

3. Maybe every new item that gets placed on your badge will award you a scratch card. Kinda like those cards you get when your gambling. It could contain its own special loot pool. Maybe the card could say how you win on it. Like if you get 3 godlikes scratched you get a godlike or if you get 3 legendries you will get a legendary. 2 rares will get you a rare and so on.
Find

I really don't think it should be a physical reward. As I said, artificially nothing should ever be spawned in that is part of the market, so your #1 makes sense, Axe, but it could be a very very long time until it drops. I don't have any other suggestions there, I'd just say it wouldn't hurt to give the guy his gun as long as he can't sell it (Which he wouldn't)
Find

I don't want this thread to only be about me. This is for all developers now and In the future who create something.
Find

I don't think really anyone is going to create great SWEPs (I have the terminology right, right...?) anywhere near your level, Aresuft, and they probably wouldn't get in anyways.
Find

Stop sucking his dick, he is my man.
Find

So, you're bottom then, Optic?
Find