Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should the Crescent Crate be fixed?
No, This is a justifiable nerf.
I don't care
Yes, Crescents with Commons are #bad
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fix then Nerf Crescents- A Formal Complaint

So Brass, I do agree personally that crescents were a little Overpowered with the chance of getting legendary guns (I mean I rolled like 10 of them and an ascultone) , but besides that point the new "nerf" on them seems a little unjust.

I mean really, the reason why I buy crescents is to avoid commons why should I buy them now then?:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429143752

With that being said, I do not agree with putting commons into crescents, instead couldn't you lower the chance of legendary guns and increase say unlikely guns? I would prefer getting unlikely instead of a crap ton of legendary guns that ruin the server market. That being said if you do not agree that is perfectly fine, I just believe it almost ruins the point of a crescent crate and object to this jurisdiction.
Find

I think the nerf is too new to know weather or not it was too much. I trust that brass opened a good amount to make sure he didnt rek them. You might just have gotten unlucky
Find

I got a heroic m16 yesterday out of 4 cresents
Find

Actually, commons being in there aren't exactly what you think.

Yes they are in there(to help nerf them a little bit), but they aren't actually as common as they are normally.(Which could be a good or bad thing, it really just means you shouldn't get them as often as normal)

The reason why Crescent Crates were so much better for getting Legendary items(and others), was because most of the items were not added to it's drop table, unlike item crates, which would automatically go through the global drop table and add items to it's table.

So Crescent cases have fewer items to attempt to roll for upon opening. I added one new tier to their drop table, with a lower chance to acquire than normal(much lower chance), I felt it would be best this way. What you see in the display is not entirely related to the chances to receive the items you see(only for speed purposes, there is no trickery to make you land next to a rare item).
Find

(04-20-2015, 08:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Actually, commons being in there aren't exactly what you think.

Yes they are in there(to help nerf them a little bit), but they aren't actually as common as they are normally.(Which could be a good or bad thing, it really just means you shouldn't get them as often as normal)

The reason why Crescent Crates were so much better for getting Legendary items(and others), was because most of the items were not added to it's drop table, unlike item crates, which would automatically go through the global drop table and add items to it's table.

So Crescent cases have fewer items to attempt to roll for upon opening. I added one new tier to their drop table, with a lower chance to acquire than normal(much lower chance), I felt it would be best this way. What you see in the display is not entirely related to the chances to receive the items you see(only for speed purposes, there is no trickery to make you land next to a rare item).

My whole thing behind it was I pay extra for the crescent to not roll a common tiered gun, that screenshot I took was what I landed on so it wasnt "OMG A COMMON IN ITEM THINGS!" I explained it to Jake as well, I rolled 2 crescents and got 2 commons thats why I took that screenshot was because when it slows down it went from a 'normal' crescent style with rares, uncommons, and such to just commons. It wasnt me feeling there was trickery , just me feeling that the point of a crescent lowered (In my view)
Find

So take out commons but rais price slightly?
Find

I think they're just fine as they are. There shouldn't BE a flood of very good guns, everyone doesn't need to have the top of the line. Actually, I'd like to see drop chances be higher so guns are even harder to get, but that's just me.
Find

(04-20-2015, 08:41 PM)NotChosen Wrote:  
(04-20-2015, 08:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Actually, commons being in there aren't exactly what you think.

My whole thing behind it was I pay extra for the crescent to not roll a common tiered gun, that screenshot I took was what I landed on so it wasnt "OMG A COMMON IN ITEM THINGS!" I explained it to Jake as well, I rolled 2 crescents and got 2 commons thats why I took that screenshot was because when it slows down it went from a 'normal' crescent style with rares, uncommons, and such to just commons. It wasnt me feeling there was trickery , just me feeling that the point of a crescent lowered (In my view)

I fully understood your point, I was just giving some insight on some of the stuff 'behind the scenes' of the cases, and kind of hinting that it could be worse if I left the single Ordinary tier at it's usual rarity, rather than upping it by x10 in crescents. I also forgot to mention that there's actually a 1 in 3 chance to discard the ordinary if it original rolled it, causing the case to continue attempting to roll you an item until one returns successfully.
Find