Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Progressive Kill Weapon Skins (with concepts)

I'd like to get back into making weapon skins as I did for NTG, so I decided to make a few proofs of concept.

Progressive Kill Weapon Skins

As players begin getting closer to weapons reaching 5,000 and even some nearly reaching 10,000 kills I thought I would begin creating Prestige skins for each weapon base..

At 5,000 kills on any BASE weapon, the player would receive this option in the right click menu:

This would allow the player to freely change in between Prestige skins and the base skin of the weapon.

at 10,000 kills inside that option would of course allow the changing between the base, 5k kills, and 10k kills skins.

These are just the first 5k and 10k skins I've created so far to give you an idea of what they would look like (I've added the Base/OG AK for some perspective on the changes I've made)..

forgive the lack of lighting in these photos, wanted a good idea of what they would look like in a dark setting.

This would be a slow process for me, these skins didn't take terribly long to draw up, but I am short on time these days. I would prioritize weapon bases that people are near 5k or 10k currently, and slowly work to making skins for the less commonly used bases.

Thanks

UPDATE: created 5k/10k rifle skins

UPDATE: created 5k/10k M16 skins (forgot to put Statrak decal on for these images)
I will continue to slowly create more until Brass decides to green light the project, or doesn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

update: someone suggested adding an old school Golden and Silver glow to the weapons like NTG did, I agree, would make them more flashy.

I'm always a fan of player progression with kills. Have you taken a look at Suess' Gun and Item Progression post on discord? You could interlap systems and create something really cool.

also.... if this were to be a thing... please do dualies
i beg

+1
Find

This could also be attached to the Weapon Achievements already in place, so anyone with the AK47 Mastery title would be able to apply the Silver AK47 skin to any AK in their possession and anyone with the AK47 God title would be able to apply the Golden AK47 skin for example. But that would be CONSIDERABLY less rare, so not sure.

If it were to be done that way the skin would have to be attached to the SteamID so that someone couldn't just apply the prestige skin then trade it. Whereas if its done the original way of getting the kills on 1 specific weapon, it could be traded with the 5k and or 10k kill skin making it more valuable, which I think is cooler.
Find

how many kills for guitar aug
Find

This actually looks like a good idea since most people do have certain guns they like to use more then others. Would make it look cool.
Find

mmm yes golden musket mm yes
Find

10k kills AK ingame

UPDATE: created 5k/10k rifle skins concepts
Find

+1 totally not biased and not an ak47 fan at all. There is already a gold finish from coin improb so possibly having a gold finish for 5k and then a diamond finish for 10k would make it more unique. Could make a small glow to the skin or a color change to the weapon name like a rune of beauty to differentiate a gold finish from a mastery one.

I always liked the idea of the !ach system but wished it was improved upon and updated to have all the weapon bases and had a little more incentive to do them. For the weapon base skin suggestion, what would happen if someone used a rune of altering or had a mighty morphing? I do like the idea of people with like an AK god title changing their ak skins but having it steamid locked to only themselves. I think 10k kills on a base weapon is a bit too excessive but maybe adding a special icon like shiny/holo to your suggestion can help it slightly.
Find

UPDATE: created 5k/10k M16 skins concepts
Find