• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gaungy - Unban Appeal

Steam Name (Current): Gaungy

Steam Name (During incident): Gaungy

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59603296

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079472318

Name of staff you were banned by: Mousey

Length of the ban: 1 week

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Most likely shortened.

Reason for ban: AFKing after being kicked during giveaway.

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Yes I did.

What really happened?: I would like to start off by apologizing, for making anyone or my peers around me angry for what I did. I did not realize the absolute amount of hate I would have gotten for doing this and I did not realize the timely length of the ban that I could have received. If I knew in advance that I would be banned for the same amount of time as someone who RDMs or does something strenuous against the rules like toxicity I would have never done it. In the beginning, I was on the server from 7 AM EST, until around 4-5 PM EST when I had received my ban. When the giveaways initially broke I had to take a break and fill out some life activities, go get food for my house and get stuff for my mother for covid, etc... when doing so I decided it would be a good idea to chrome remote desktop stream on my computer to try and play on the server and spin that giveaway. I should have realized after around 10 minutes of trying this that it was not going to work, my streaming service couldn't even properly function to have me look straight and it had a ludicrous amount of issues, but I continued, not thinking of the consequences and was eventually kicked. Not realizing my first mistake of being kicked I joined again, and then the same exact thing happened, I played went afk at times and functioned like a robot. From then I made my way home and found out my brother and my mother were positive for covid, when I opened my phone back up I also saw that I was banned from the server for a week. I didn't really know what to think at first because I was just bewildered by everything. I didn't realize the true hate that I got from doing this as I heard from sources that I was getting threatened with a perma ban and had this cloud of hatred over me for trying to grind for something that I have been for almost all day. I knew my method was an absolute disaster but I didn't want to sacrifice my chances out of greed to someone who might have only been playing for 30 minutes for the drop. This was entirely my fault and I should have left my PC off and away from the server, but I am also conflicted about the 7-day sentence of the ban. I left the discord out of a sort of internal anger and hope that my karma was not ruined by this since I saw and heard so much talk about how terrible it was. I am truly sorry again.

Additional details:

-1 "If I knew in advance that I would be banned for the same amount of time as someone who RDMs or does something strenuous against the rules like toxicity I would have never done it"

You didnt understand why its against the rules, just that you didnt like being punished for breaking the rules.

Sucks that your family caught covid, but the fact you were kicked for being afk during a giveaway should have been a strong enough message to not rejoin to be afk again.

Its just a week, use that time to help your family out where they need it.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

+1 I think shortening it to one to two days or even three would be fine its just a game I'm sure he understands his mistake.
Find

I imagine there's a number of people in here who are opposed to having your ban reduced just because you took up a slot during what could be politely described as a chaotic mess of a giveaway.
However, I'm not opposed on account of you actually admitting to it and being openly honest with what you did even if you did try to hide it at one point prior to the ban (though whether or not that was intentional is hard to tell).
As long as you don't continue AFKing in giveaways, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt especially since your family members getting covid is extremely stressful to you and last night was a spectacular mess for everybody.
+1
Find

I just have a question, when the giveaway broke at 11 A.M. EST,  it apparently detected that you were either AFK, kill binding, or left right when it rolled. Can you give insight on what happened?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

+1 who cares
Find

you just happened to be the one caught doing it, but if everyone who afked during a giveaway got banned, there would be a lot of bans headed out every major giveaway

+1 to shorten/unban, learned lesson dont do it again etc etc
Find

Giveaway events on FRG are very obviously a very tense time on the server, leading to people getting very touchy about "who deserves a drop and who doesn't" and "Who was on first" blah blah blah. The point being that AFKing during a giveaway like this is obviously a massive no that will always piss off a large percent of our community. Its very very annoying to play a game for 10 hours+ just to see someone +left on TTT. I will shorten the ban to one more day this time, but in the future I won't lighten the ban. If you are having IRL issues, you log out and thats that.

SHORTENED TO 1 DAY
Find